Why become a member? ×

Switching bass during a gig

Santa

[quote name='tauzero' timestamp='1468614229' post='3092215']
I don't know why people think you can set the levels differently when using it as an A-B switch on the inputs. You can't. The only time you can set the levels differently is when you use it with a single input and A-B between two amplifiers - ie. two outputs and one input. You can't set the channels to different levels if you're switching between two inputs.
[/quote]

yes you can, have you got one? see those knobs on the top that say `Level`, you can turn them round so you can have the same volume from both inputs to the one output.

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1468622238' post='3092285']
[url="https://www.parts-express.com/pedocs/manuals/248-6006-behringer-ab100-manual-42682.pdf"]AB100 User Manual ...[/url]

[/quote]

So the level knobs only adjust the output levels of output A and output B, and not the gain of inputs 1 and 2 - even when in 2 in / 1 out mode?

Edited by darkandrew

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1468652726' post='3092346']
So does it work or not? I was going to buy one...
[/quote]

I've just dug mine out and I'm sorry to say Tauzero is correct and I was wrong. I could have sworn it worked that way as I've never used it to feed one bass into two different amps. Apologies to all

[quote name='DarkHeart' timestamp='1468621077' post='3092278']
yes you can, have you got one? see those knobs on the top that say `Level`, you can turn them round so you can have the same volume from both inputs to the one output.
[/quote]

Good lord yes, I've got one, and I'm also capable of reading the instructions. Which is why I know that the level knobs set individual levels only when they're used for one input to two outputs.

[url="https://www.parts-express.com/pedocs/manuals/248-6006-behringer-ab100-manual-42682.pdf"]https://www.parts-express.com/pedocs/manuals/248-6006-behringer-ab100-manual-42682.pdf[/url]

Read the instructions for 5 and 6.

[quote name='MoJo' timestamp='1468659387' post='3092411']
I've just dug mine out and I'm sorry to say Tauzero is correct and I was wrong. I could have sworn it worked that way as I've never used it to feed one bass into two different amps. Apologies to all
[/quote]

It's easy to assume it as you'll most likely adjust the A channel as it's the first one you'll plug something into, hear that it changes the volume, and assume it's the same for B as well. Plus when you look at it, it seems obvious that it'll set the input levels. TBH, I went looking at the instructions after I found by experiment that the input levels weren't individually set.

Seymour Duncan pick up boost pedal. Have it switched off for the bass with the hottest signal, and hit the foot switch button to switch it on to your pre determined level for the bass with the weaker signal.. Pi$$ easy to use with just a signal strength knob and an on / off foot switch... I never gig without mine. Also great for a small pre set boost in songs that need a bit of lift in the mix. Hope this helps...

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1468668283' post='3092506']
Two 100k pots and a footswitch in a metal box, less than a tenner!
[/quote]

Either this or the chinagraph option get my vote for Best Answer....

Or you could buy my deluxe multi instrument/amplifier switcher (hand crafted by me) for £999.99.

It actually has *relays* (grin)

[quote name='tauzero' timestamp='1468660028' post='3092416']
Good lord yes, I've got one, and I'm also capable of reading the instructions. Which is why I know that the level knobs set individual levels only when they're used for one input to two outputs.

[url="https://www.parts-express.com/pedocs/manuals/248-6006-behringer-ab100-manual-42682.pdf"]https://www.parts-ex...anual-42682.pdf[/url]

Read the instructions for 5 and 6.
[/quote]

Good lord you no! got that one wrong! The level knobs are for setting 2 instruments the same into one output, you obviously didnt get that far into the instructions

Edited by DarkHeart

[quote name='DarkHeart' timestamp='1468795562' post='3093426']
and he said he wanted 2 basses into one input! whats difficult to understand about that?
[/quote]

Yes, he said he wanted two basses into one amplifier input. That would mean one bass goes into input A and the other into input B, the output would go to the amplifier, and the switch would be set to give two inputs and one output. And when you do that, only one of the level controls alters a level, and the level that it alters is the overall level, not the level of one channel. What's so difficult to understand about that?

[quote name='tauzero' timestamp='1468795793' post='3093429']
Yes, he said he wanted two basses into one amplifier input. That would mean one bass goes into input A and the other into input B, the output would go to the amplifier, and the switch would be set to give two inputs and one output. And when you do that, only one of the level controls alters a level, and the level that it alters is the overall level, not the level of one channel. What's so difficult to understand about that?
[/quote]
The Behringher pedal allows 2 basses to be plugged into to the same input and the levels set by the controls on the pedal, put your foot on the pedal you can switch between 2 basses, why is this muppet making an issue of something so simple!!

[quote name='DarkHeart' timestamp='1468796662' post='3093434']
The Behringher pedal allows 2 basses to be plugged into to the same input and the levels set by the controls on the pedal, put your foot on the pedal you can switch between 2 basses, why is this muppet making an issue of something so simple!!
[/quote]

I'm sorry, but have you got one? The instructions very clearly say that you are wrong, and the Level controls control the Output level of each Output, not the input gain of each input. Then again, this is Behringer and I'm happy to believe the instructions could be wrong! However, based on what it say, Tauzero is spot on.

The Behringher pedal allows 2 basses to be plugged into to the same input
[/quote]

No it doesn't, that's physically impossible. It allows 2 basses to be plugged into 2 inputs, one into each, and the output can then be plugged into an amplifier.

and the levels set by the controls on the pedal, put your foot on the pedal you can switch between 2 basses, why is this muppet making an issue of something so simple!!
[/quote]

The levels are not set by the controls on the pedal in the way that you think. Read the instructions (conveniently reproduced on the first page of this topic), or get someone else to explain them to you if they're too complicated.