Why become a member? ×

Overwater C bass?

zbigniew

Hi there,

what can you guys and girls tell me about this Overwater bass that is being sold locally (in Iceland)?

It seems to be an old fretless Overwater C bass from what I reckon. Were all of them extra long scale? I have seen info about them being 36" scale.

I was having trouble seeing info about recent prices for those, do you have any idea?

thanks,
z

The one in the photo is not extra long scale as the bridge is in the wrong place and therefore it probably isn't a C bass. If you really want to know more about it, the best thing to do is get some better photos of it and drop Overwater an email with them in.

Edited by BigRedX

Chris May came through with a swift answer for my question, the bass is an 'Artisan' model from the mid 80's, so about 30 years old. Fretless and 34" scale.

I'm not sure if I will pursue it further, I have never had a fretless bass but have always been interested. I will just have to figure out what is a fair price for a bass like this and go from there. Might need to sell my Trace Elliot combo to help finance this :)

Cheers,
z