Why become a member? ×

Lovely Sadowsky at Bass Direct.

bubinga5

Very nice. Not sure what the 'Masterbuilt' means in the description. A Sadowsky NYC is a Sadowsky NYC. Maybe it means it has the non standard black chrome hardware, ebony fingerboard and the fancy top. I bought a slightly older five string NYC from Bass Direct a couple of months ago and it was approximately a grand cheaper than that, though mine had none of the aforementioned extras and a few more cosmetic 'dings'. Still sounds great though!

Edited by thodrik

Eww. Sure it a nice bass to play but aesthetically not my thing.

Agree with other comments, you would expect a once piece body at that price point, unless there is a fundamental reason why it should be two piece (Dingwall's dual density body, for example).

[quote name='thodrik' timestamp='1468672313' post='3092537']
Very nice. Not sure what the 'Masterbuilt' means in the description.
[/quote]

I think it's a mistake and is supposed to be 'Mastergrade' which is how Sadowsky describe their top quality woods

[quote name='lowhand_mike' timestamp='1468951538' post='3094622']

dancing girls, booze, illegal substances and one night out you'll never remember ;)
[/quote]

Fair enough. I thought it was meant as 'more' from a bass. But yeah, 3.5k would get you a lot more elsewhere!