Why become a member? ×

Donner Golden Tremolo

paul h

I just bought a Donner Golden Tremolo mini pedal...and it's awesome.

It cost £23 from Amazon and is literally the cheapest tremolo pedal I could find :D It's a clone of the Mooer Trelicopter and I wouldn't be surprised if it was built in the same factory...especially since the box it came in even has the word Trelicopter printed on it!

It has depth, bias and speed knobs. The bias seems to go from sine wave to square wave and the other two do the obvious. It sounds great with everything at 12 o'clock.

And the best part is that it has a certain something that just adds to the sound. Even with all the knobs turned down it colours the sound in a really pleasing way. It's still very transparent but it adds some presence and sparkle.

I can't wait to use it at the next band rehearsal. I'm hoping to get away with leaving it on all the time :D

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1468678468' post='3092599']
Good score. And to think you hemming and hawing about purchasing one. I hope there rehearsal goes well.
[/quote]

Yeah, I nearly talked myself out of it! It's actually proving really inspiring...it creates such a huge sound. Whenever I play I have a huge grin on my face :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...