Why become a member? ×

Best Budget Octave Pedal?

Mattbass97

I just built a part for part clone, but looking at the schematic it might be possible to increase the signal to the divider by swapping a couple of diodes, that could improve the tracking, but to be honest the high output of my bass coupled with my tractor-esque right hand 'technique' means that it's always been the perfect octaver for me.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='AndyTravis' timestamp='1470403869' post='3105787']

Do you know, when I pressed "buy it now" for £26.99 free shipping I thought "that was too easy"

Such is life.
[/quote]

Just had the same experience after reading this thread. After initial slow 'lost in post' response I was offered a refund or the Mooer pure octave for the same price. I accepted and it was delivered next day. It's tiny but seems well made and sounds good so far (only played with for about half hour) and seems to track low well (I only have old zoom 506 multi fx to compare to though). Most presets are a bit too 'novelty' for me but it does what I wanted it to well (to my ears) but not used in a band situation yet.

I've got the Mooer Tender Octave, which appears to be a clone of the EHX Micro POG. Pretty good it is too! Tracks really well and the price and tiny enclosure made it a no-brainer for me over the much more expensive and larger EHX.

Horrible colour though :lol:

Edited by Johnny Wishbone

Have to admit I didn't try the Pure as I'd read a lot of bad reviews. Tender may not be the best at what it does but for the 20 seconds or so I use it in a set (fake organ sound) it'll do me for that money!

The Behringer Ultra Shifter/Harmonist was surprisingly good as well, I just didn't fancy its chances against 15 stone being stood on it!

• 2 months later...