Why become a member? ×

Im obsessed with this!

Twincam

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1468706712' post='3092847']
Oooh and Japanese Fender Jazz Bass Special. lovely :)
[/quote]

I think they also made these in Mexico? Or am I thinking the Japan lyte and then the next version! Or is this that version. I'm confused now

[quote name='Twincam' timestamp='1468707950' post='3092863']

I think they also made these in Mexico? Or am I thinking the Japan lyte and then the next version! Or is this that version. I'm confused now
[/quote]

The original 80's Jazz Bass Special and active Power Jazz Bass Specials were both made in Japan only. I think the Lyte and JP90 were also Japanese.
The Jazz Bass Special (albeit with a slightly more P bass neck) is the model that Duff McKagan used for many years. Fender eventually and more recently made a signature model and that indeed is made in Mexico now. Only in that opaque white though. The original special's came in white, red, black, silver and I've even seen a couple which are a sort of ummm.. Aqua-light blue!

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1468708266' post='3092866']

The original 80's Jazz Bass Special and active Power Jazz Bass Specials were both made in Japan only. I think the Lyte and JP90 were also Japanese.
The Jazz Bass Special (albeit with a slightly more P bass neck) is the model that Duff McKagan used for many years. Fender eventually and more recently made a signature model and that indeed is made in Mexico now. Only in that opaque white though. The original special's came in white, red, black, silver and I've even seen a couple which are a sort of ummm.. Aqua-light blue!
[/quote]

After the lyte Japan they made the same model in Mexico but it was called something else. But a similar looking bass and active anyhow.
Ah im thinking of the fender zone bass. I knew it would come to me.

Thanks for the info though always good to know then I can look cool infront of other bass guys lol.

Not keen on that design or any of the following similar that followed.