Why become a member? ×

Owen Electronics Rats

Tuco

Stumbled across Martin Owens revamped website (glad he's up and running again, I heard he'd been ill)
and noticed he sells two very reasonably priced Rats, the Rat 2 (IIRC these are a low end suck?) and the You Dirty Rat
Just wondering if you guys have any hands on with these? Isn't the Turbo Rat the one for bassists?
Sold my Rat years ago and always fancied another..
Oh yeh, whilst on the subject, has anyone tried one of the Space Charge Distortion pedals?
Always liked the look of them too..
Peace

Edited by Tuco

Why don't you ask Martin? He's a bit of a whizz and it would surprise me if he couldn't mod a build to work better with bass for you.
Certainly the original Rat was a low-end suck! Not sure about the YDR though.

Si

The Turbo RAT uses LED's in the clipping stage which gives a more aggressive distortion. I built one that had both standard and turbo clipping stages and I always tended to favor the turbo mode for bass.

Both will cause the low end to drop a bit and are best used with a clean blend of your dry signal.

Martin has a wealth of knowledge when it comes to electronics and builds exceptional pedals, so it's well worth contacting him too.

Edited by NoirBass