Why become a member? ×

Steinberger Synapse 5 NOW SOLD NOW SOLD
£590

grelum

I am selling my Steinberger Synapse 5 String fretted bass. It comes with the original box, gig bag and Allen keys (attached to bass).

The bass is in 'as new' condition and has no noticeable fret wear or marks apart from one small ding recently acquired on the neck which does not fall under the fingers when playing..

Happy to post and also happy to travel a sensible distance to meet. I am based in East London.

I am looking for a Sandberg 5 string Jazz type bass to replace it with. I would consider a Part X with a lightish 5 string.

Edited by grelum

Hi

Steinberger say that the body wings are hard maple and the body top is flamed maple. The neck is a hybrid of maple and graphite. It does take double ball end strings but is also provided with grub screws (like with the Status) so that you can use ordinary strings if you can't get your hands on DBEs.

I hope that this helps

Graham

[b]Here is the blurb according to Steinberger:[/b]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]Steinberger has long been famous for designing the most comfortable and balanced basses the world has ever seen and the Synapse bass is no different. Designed by Ned Steinberger, the Synapse bass guitar is a HYBRID instrument combining the strength, rigidity and clarity of graphite with the warmth and beauty of wood. At the heart of every Synapse is our Cybrosonic™ neck featuring our patented graphite U-channel with adjustable truss rod uniquely crafted into a 3-piece, hard maple neck. We then add a smooth and durable phenolic fingerboard and a glued-in body design to create an instrument with distinctive tonal clarity, sustain, "pop" and response as well as ultimate stability![/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]One low-impedance, active EMG USA bass humbucker mounted at the "sweetspot" combined with an internal low-impedance preamp and a stereo piezo bridge extends the range on both ends for earth-moving lows and phenomenal transients from slap-style playing. Internal trim pots allow you to adjust the balance of the piezo output between the high and low strings if needed. Equipped with a Rosewood saddle for warm, pure tone, you can install an optional aluminum or composite saddle to create other tonal possibilities as well.[/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]Other features include a gorgeous flame maple top, our Combo™ headpiece that accommodates both DoubleBall™ and single-ball strings, the patented 40:1 ratio, direct-drive double ball bridge for super-fast string changes and rock-solid tuning stability. With it’s headless design and new, innovative “Strap Hook”, the Synapse bass balances perfectly and positions the bass in the ideal playing position when standing. The fold-down leg rest accommodates performance while seated as well.[/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]Provided with a premium, padded gigbag, the Synapse’s headless design is compact and capable of fitting into tight places including most overhead airplane bins. Put it all together and you’ve got a bass of unequalled performance, comfort and flexibility. Steinberger - State of the Instrument.[/font]

• 2 weeks later...

The photos and your sig refer to a fretless SII (number 83), did you mean fretless?

[quote name='grelum' timestamp='1469541002' post='3099179']
Also thinking about selling my Status Series II (number 83) 4 string fretted. [...]
[/quote]

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Steinberger Synapse is still up for grabs. Sounds great. I just used it on a Kate Bush homage 10 piece band gig. We played Rubber Band Girl and King of the Mountain for the first time and the Steiny was sensational.

G

Edited by grelum