Why become a member? ×

cat vs cab

Graham

My cat has used my cab as a scratching post

[Img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/Ghost_Upon_The_Stage/20160718_204156_zpsyugsyiuv.jpg" class="ipsImage" />

Has anyone tried to repair this sort of damage before? I was thinking about trimming it with scissors to make it less obvious, but I can see bare wood underneath when I move the clawed fabric so don't really want to do that.

I was thinking glueing it down, but not sure what sort of glue?

Any advice welcome.

[quote name='Graham' timestamp='1468871347' post='3093969']
My cat has used my cab as a scratching post

I was thinking glueing it down, but not sure what sort of glue?
[/quote]

Considering how furry a cat is, it should be pretty easy to glue one down with any general purpose glue!
HTH

I have a cab just like that - my little darling tore the *rse out of it !.

I tried gluing it down, but it just looked like hair plastered down with Brylcreem (anyone remember that ?)

On the topic of cats and cabs; I placed my cabs near the door ready to load out to the car, when my kitten crept into the sound port and sat there in the cab, looking out at me. I had to dismantle the cab to get the kitten out and ended up late for the gig. Happy days

[quote name='essexbasscat' timestamp='1468871895' post='3093976']
I tried gluing it down, but it just looked like hair plastered down with Brylcreem (anyone remember that ?)
[/quote]

Yeah, that was the sort of look I was hoping to avoid.

Oh dear. Good luck. So glad I bought the cover for my newest cab. Not for load ins and outs through crowds of punters, up and down narrow staircases, or slinging in the van at 2am... No, to protect it from my two little wolverines.

I think I'll probably have to just live with it, flattening it down against the cab it doesn't look [i]too[/i] bad. That and investing in a cover come pay day.

Edited by Graham

[quote name='lee650' timestamp='1468883010' post='3094098']
A blunt gillette razor lightly scraped works well!
My three mini tigers love to kill cabs,which is why I don't have carpeted cabs,and they have covers and i cover the covers
[/quote]

Might give that a go, I hadn't considered the blasted animal will probably want to sharpen his claws on the the cover when I get one! :lol:

[quote name='taunton-hobbit' timestamp='1468950233' post='3094613']
Black plastic moulding, mitred & fitted round the entire front - not expensive (B&Q?) & looks fine.

:)
[/quote]

May investigate this further if no joy with the above

Thanks for the feedback guys

I don't know if it will work in this instance, but Andyjr1515 has previously applied veneer by painting PVA glue onto the base wood, waiting for it to dry, then ironing the veneer on. This re-melts the PVA in a slightly less messy way and having instant "grab". It might be worth trying - it's not going to look much worse than it does

[quote name='bassmayhem' timestamp='1469113385' post='3095875']
Hair spray...? Then, there is that thing in Sweden called Fy Spray that makes cats not like and avoid things sprayed. Don't know what it is called in English though.
[/quote]
theres some stuff called Get Off (appropriately) and Frontline also do a repellant (frontline for your backline)
a water pistol also works quite well but you have to catch them doing it B)