Why become a member? ×

VT Sansamp and Darkglass Bk3

Rick05

Hi Everyone,

I am slowly building up my board and trying to get a few different types of overdrive ad distortion for my bands songs.

Currently I have tuner -> compressor -> octave -> darkglass duality distortion -> reverb -> chorus -> Tech 21 VT Sansamp.

The distortion and sansamp work so well together and love the tone, but I have found would like another option for overdrive. Knowing how good darkglass are I have been looking at getting the bk3 and putting it between the octave and distortion pedals. I could then have just a the Sansamp or both the sansamp and bk3 tones for two awesome overdrive sounds.

People have been great with advice before here and wanted to ask if this would be a good idea for two types of overdrive, while keeping the sansamp at the end of the chain for DI. This sounds good in my head, but does anyone have experience doing this? Will they work well together, or is this a waste of money and board space?

Thanks for looking,

Rick

Stick the B3K after the duality if you do get one.

I use a B7K after my Duality with a octave to add more weight behind what I'm playing. Saying that, I use a tone hammer at the end of my chain as a (clean) pre-amp. Personally I wouldn't use another drive at the end of my chain if I was using another one in the middle, I reckon it might get a bit squashy and mushy. I have tried using the grit on my tone hammer at the end and it just ruined my tone as soon as I kicked in any fuzz or distortions.

Thanks for the replies

I use the sansamp at the end of my chain with both drive and presence on to beef up my sound, so when I play the pedal is always on. So I think I use it as a preamp then?

I could see using another overdrive pedal to give a different driving sound. The sansamp and bk3 would both be on then.

Edited by Rick05