Why become a member? ×

My New Reg No.

StevieJJ

[quote name='bassace' timestamp='1469104310' post='3095767']
Ha, FP, I've been rumbled. Were you there in a professional capacity? I made my annual visit as a punter, I live three miles away, although I had to do a Fri lunchtime gig.

I was slightly underwhelmed by the bands on the main stage, although Jamie Cullum's set was great. He's neither rock nor jazz but puts on a great show. It was the second stage where all the best stuff was at. Wilko was introduced on stage by the surgeon who saved him. Beverly Knight fronted the Staxs band and the two standouts were Booker T - rocking to Green Onions in an Oxfordshire field- and the Zombies set - with three of the original members - left everyone open-mouthed.
[/quote]

Same as you..just watching (although I did have to leave Saturday morning to do a gig at another festival before returning Saturday night).
As you say, Jamie Cullum was entertaining and Booker T..I never knew he had such a great voice! Enjoyed Wilko and Norman on Friday evening though.

Hello Peeps
For those that have misunderstood my intentions for starting this thread, I did not do it to boast or as an act of vanity, I simply done it in the moment as I was so excited to get one.
I was never born with a silver spoon in my mouth, in fact we were lucky if we got food never alone a spoon to eat it with!!
I had to leave school at the age of 15 to earn money for my family. It was simply bought as a celebration for what I have achieved in life from starting out working on a farm picking spuds!!
I started out in life to appreciate every little thing you earn and to respect and not envy others for their success, its a pity that not everyone shares the same values!!

Stevie, enjoy your plate! And welcome to the BA55 club. Trouble is, on this forum as elsewhere personal plates seem to send some people into paroxysms of anguish. I'm sure the majority will support your purchase so ignore the naysayers, go out and enjoy.

Each to their own. I know a guy who has made a mint from selling number plates. He offered one to me at a discount - i nearly puked at the cost. I asked him why people buy them - after the blurb about investment he said that in most cases In his opinion a lot of purchases are vanity - people who want a bit of attention and show others that (in his words) they can waste money. I can't imagine ever wanting to buy one but whatever floats your boat.

[quote name='bassace' timestamp='1469170642' post='3096223']
Stevie, enjoy your plate! And welcome to the BA55 club. Trouble is, on this forum as elsewhere personal plates seem to send some people into paroxysms of anguish. I'm sure the majority will support your purchase so ignore the naysayers, go out and enjoy.
[/quote]

+1

By the way my Reg. is: BA55 FAN

Mart

I knew somebody who had his own plates, they were his initials. I won't reveal the real letters but I'll use these as an example - ABC1. He then generously put personal plates on his wife's car. ABC2. Yes, he was a c**t. A big one, and in all respects.

Before I start - this is true and I do not want any PC comments, I am not racist but this one really made me laugh out loud.

I pulled up in a BP petrol station early 1990s behind a gleaming black BMW, smoked out windows, sound system thumping.

The massive immaculately dressed West Indian driver got out, looked at me and stated, with a wonderful grin "That gotcha didn't it, mon?".

Reg No: SAM 80 S

Brilliant... :D

I saw a BMW a while ago with the apposite TWA77Y.

I see personalised plates as a harmless indulgence, except for the ones with spacing messed around with and black screws in inappropriate places when it means it would be difficult to make out what the number actually was.

[quote name='tauzero' timestamp='1469622961' post='3099787']
I see personalised plates as a harmless indulgence, except for the ones with spacing messed around with and black screws in inappropriate places when it means it would be difficult to make out what the number actually was.
[/quote]

Yes! That is [i]really [/i]tragic and deluded. You couldn't afford the plate you wanted? Don't worry, just make the one you have look more like the one you want thus making the plate unreadable and illegal in the process. Good work, sports fan!

Still, at least this kind of thing (along with union jack car flags, custom body kits, 'w@nkers shoes' and bog-brush hairstyles) is a pretty good indication of who to steer clear of - almost as good as a 'please avoid me, I'm a bell-end' t-shirt. :)

A 'w@nkers shoe', yesterday.

Edited by discreet

• 3 weeks later...

I went to order my new car today and took along the papers to put on my, currently on retention, BA55 MBC plate. Comment from the dealer: "So your a fisherman then" :unsure: :D Hey ho, if I take up course fishing, at least I will not need to spend money on a new plate.

I've just ordered a personal plate. Had one some years back, but in a moment of crisis, let it go with the car it was on. Plate has long since gone.

Been after one for a while, and have found one I really like at a good price.

It's my initials (yes, I am that kind of guy!) but also incorporates an N - the registration letter that was in my YOB, and the number 11, which (good and bad) always looms largely in my life.

It's fate, and it's mine! :lol: