Why become a member? ×

squier CV 70s P

danbowskill

I just received one of these in the post today https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hRCrNIHTARw with the intention of upgrading as a backup.......straight out of the box this thing is set up great to play,a lovely neck and it all looks/ feels well made.
Seriously impressed with it :-)
Got a kiorgan loom coming and gotoh hardware ( standard with my basses)
Was going to change the pub's but these are mighty fine imo .

Very happy bunny,pic up later

Really clear sounding in that video for a Precision, I like it. I had one of the original white VMs and sold it to get a US Standard, but I swear the old Squier sounded better! It had 500K pots in it when they usually use 250K, see what yours is packing when you swap the harness out!

Iv'e just popped John's loom in the CV (250 pots .1cap).........wow....just wow! i love this thing ,it can't be a Squier / surely ?? :-D these pickups sing.

if i had to find any gripes then i would say the tuners,they hold tune ok but are a bit chaff!(gonna change them) and the fairly light basswood can give a slightly cheaper feel (a plus in my books as no shoulder aches from long playing) the neck pocket is super snug without gaps and frets,finish etc are great! ..spend a few £'s on a decent loom and tuners and you have a serious sounding and feeling P. spankingly good bass for money .

Edited by danbowskill