Why become a member? ×

John Taylor Rig Rundown

paul h

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1469020991' post='3095136']
Sorry, not impressed.

It just sounded like a long winded advert for Peavey with "Bernard Edwards gave me his Stingray" chucked in the middle. [b]He doesn't seem to have much of a clue what's going on in his signal chain either.[/b]
[/quote]

I don't watch many of these sorts of things but from what I've seen he's not unique in this. You tend to get some of them calling their tech over and asking 'what does this bit do again?' I think they sometimes develope them with other peoples input over tours and then lose track of what it all does. Others are different, for eg Sheehan seems pretty clued in as to what he wants and what genuinely does what in his rig from what I recall.

While I have yet to watch this, I'm more than familiar with the format.

You know, the big falling over point with any interview/presentation is that they're all about the now, without a single nod to the past. When I read an interview in (for instance) Bass Player, it's just self-promotioal fluff with little substance; you want to know a little about the journey, don't you?

[Edit] John Taylor was the first person I saw playing a Kubicki and he used a lot of nice basses prior to his dallience with Peavey.

Edited by NancyJohnson

I thought it was ok. Some of these Rig Rundowns are done with the tech and not the actual bloke who's gonna play it, so its good to see John there. 😊
Slightly away from basses, the Rig Rundown with Satchel (guitar with Steel Panther) is hilarious. 😁

Edited by Grassie

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1469045437' post='3095404']
I think it`s quite refreshing to see a musician who`s not completely hung up on gear and gassing for the next new thing.
[/quote]

Same here :)

[quote name='spectoremg' timestamp='1469120479' post='3095967']
Chris Squire was pretty vague about his stuff.
[/quote]

Examples of a couple musicians, not hung up on kit and who were more interested in just playing, than necessarily what they were playing with.
They obviously didn't/don't hang about on Bass Forums :lol:

One of the better rig rundowns, the ones done with the techs seem a bit naff sometimes.
Seems a decent bloke and not too hung up on gear, especially amp stuff or changing strings. I feel justified in not changing mine now :)