Why become a member? ×

Status necks and PS1 electronics anyone?

The-Ox

I'm thinking if potentially modding my squire affinity, with a status neck for low action and fast playing, and PS1 electronics, as they seem similar to thr fender tone and vol. I was also going to install curtis novak pickups

Anyone used status necks and the PS1 electronics?

I've got a Status neck on my vintage modified squier P and it's one of the best mods I did to it. Also when doing up a Sterling SUB ordered one for that too.

Go ahead with the status neck, you won't be disappointed. Mine is set dead straight with the strings low as possible. Only recently though I swapped my regular strings for black nylon tapewounds to combat the brightness. Now it's the perfect bass for me in terms of feel, weight, versatility and sound. Looks are nearly there, but would prefer some natural aging.

No idea I'm afraid. With my two ventures, one is passive and the active ray I did, had a John East fitted. Sounded fantastic, really crisp and lots of control. The status neck really improves the clarity.

One bit of advice if buying a new neck. If they haven't got one in stock, they'll make you one. Whatever lead time they quote, ignore it. When I ordered mine it was a 3 week turn around. After it constantly being forgotten about and "don't know why, but it's not been done yet we should have it done next week" I eventually got mine 8 weeks after originally ordering it.