Why become a member? ×

ACG 5 string graft **TRADED**
£1000

BaggyMan

Ok folks, ACG are well know for their build quality and their close association with East pre-amps, and the associated Marmite nature of whether you like filter style pre-amps etc.

I have owned this now for a couple of years and dynamically is a joyous thing to play. The original East pre-amp was the dual filter deal and basically I didn't get on with it, so taking advice I went with the more conventional Uni Pre, fitted it (which involved the addition of a switch).

I also purchased the correct passive setup from Alan Cringean and in the end that's what is fitted. It has the 4 way dingwall style rotary switch set up (including an out of phase setting). a nice tonal range from a lovely instrument. I am now heavily into my Billy Sheehan Attitude atm and it just doesn't get the use it deserves.

I will be including the uni pre (worth £200 in itself).

So, here is my ACG graft 5, i have had it up here for a while and time are hard I know, and whilst i am still looking for a princely value its a good £400 short of whats its worth (as you will have seen with other premium bass sales here, time are hard)
There is a demo of this very bass on youtube (with the original pre-amp)

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEmESOsn5yQ"]https://www.youtube....h?v=nEmESOsn5yQ[/url]

I am looking to swap or swap+cash or a cash sale. (there has been some interest but nothing concrete, I probably took to long to get the sound sample out..)

Interested in High end cabs (Bergantino, Barefaced), Stingrays, G&L SB-2 (USA) any interesting 5 strings, anything really, come on what ya got??

Will come in a flight case.

Edited by BaggyMan

One small dint near the jack socket, nothing on the headstock of front.
Weight is about 3.5 - 4 Kg (bathroom scales..)
34 inch scale.

B tension is great, not rattle (on a £1400+ guitar expect nothing less eh?)
Balance is great.

Bulld details are Resin imp[impregnated quilt maple cap. Black Limba body (type of mahogany) Resin impregnated maple quilt 'board. Hipshot premium hardware. ACG custom pickups:

• 4 weeks later...