Why become a member? ×

Hi all.

FHB

Thought I should sign up here. I'm kind of active around /r/bass on reddit, because I'm used to that layout :)
Otherwise, about me, I'm 15, picked up bass a couple months ago, now playing stuff like can't stop and aeroplane. From Wiltshire! Came here for more active discussion, and also possibly for some deals :P

Thought I should tell you all about gear... Most recent bass is an MIM Jazz bass, I've soldered in new pickups (Bartolini's) and added a babicz bridge. Sounds and plays amazing - the best I've played! Which probably doesn't mean much - I've only ever played 3 basses :gas:

My dad's passed me down a PJB Briefcase ( [url="http://pjbworld.com/product_briefcase_top.html"]http://pjbworld.com/...efcase_top.html[/url] ) Which is absolutely amazing. It's made any bass sound like heaven compared to the old guitar amp I was playing on. It's quite heavy though - 12kg for 2x5" speakers. But it's bloody loud! :D

Other basses include a Tanglewood RVB-2 (violin bass copy), and a tanglewood travel bass. I've also ordered a Pitbull Guitars Music Man kit, as I can't afford a real one! :lol:

Anyways, hope the forums will be a good place to geek out about bass stuff - I don't have anywhere to release my inner bassist!

Cheers!

Edited by FHB

[quote name='FHB' timestamp='1469197164' post='3096552']
...I've also ordered a Pitbull Guitars Music Man kit, as I can't afford a real one! :lol:

Anyways, hope the forums will be a good place to geek out about bass stuff - I don't have anywhere to release my inner bassist!

Cheers!
[/quote]

Welcome FHB,

Good to have your company. You mentioned a Musicman kit. Thanks, I am now off to see if they do a fiver.

[b][i]Edit:[/i][/b] Nope. Awwwww!

Edited by SpondonBassed

As has been said. Some Fender MIM's are superb. Far better that my awful bass I had when I first started
Bartolini pickups - good choice there. And lucky you, a handed down free amp!

Welcome to BC. Keep playing and keep enjoying it :)