Why become a member? ×

Sooooo i ordered a Dod meatbox! Demo inside

0175westwood29

So after many months of resisting i cracked and have bout a meatbox!

gonna grab a trs and put it going into a radial bug so i can send the wet only to the pa! looking for it to make some impact in breakdowns, you know just about adding a bit of sub underneath.

Andy

Edited by 0175westwood29

i had the same resistance or a long time. Finally gave in a few months ago an now cant gig without it.

I put my meatbox first in my chain. the dry signal (ring) goes through my entire board, and the wet (tip) is fed to the end where I blend it with the dry affected signal with an LS-2. The unexpected benefit of this is that when you turn the meatbox off with the ls-2 still engaged, what was the sub signal becomes a clean blend :D

My Eden rig can handle the lows no problem

I just ask for two DI's when I gig. One at the front of the stage (for the meat box) and the other up on top of my amp. I'm using a LS-2 so I can toggle the meatbox on and off without effecting my clean signal. I'm sending the dry signal back in to the LS-2 and the Sub out to a DI (TRS cable). Then I've also got the option to blend the Sub in with my clean if we are running short on time for soundchecks with a simple cable swap.

[quote name='madame clapotis' timestamp='1469350786' post='3097511']
Planning on ordering one in the near future, too. I think about splitting the signal right after my instrument, so the DOD all wet could go in one DI, and my clean signal can go into my other effects.
Any thoughts on a splitter that would do?
[/quote]

You want to make sure none of your pedals invert phase and if running a setup like that. In terms of a splitter, a Boss tuner will work if you happen to have one lying around. Otherwise, SFX make a mini splitter, although I can only see the mini mixer listed at the moment. He'd definitely make you one though, even if it's not on the site:

http://sfxsound.com/micromix/

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1469386149' post='3097916']
You want to make sure none of your pedals invert phase and if running a setup like that. In terms of a splitter, a Boss tuner will work if you happen to have one lying around. Otherwise, SFX make a mini splitter, although I can only see the mini mixer listed at the moment. He'd definitely make you one though, even if it's not on the site:

[url="http://sfxsound.com/micromix/"]http://sfxsound.com/micromix/[/url]
[/quote]
I do like the small footprint, although I would think there might be cheaper options for an active signal splitter?
Is there any way I can find out whether my pedals switch phase?

Simplest way is to put it in a blender or LS-2 set to 50/50 blend, turn the effect on and if your low end disappears, but comes back if you have the signal 100% wet or 100% dry, you have a problem. Other issues can arise if you have digital pedals in your chain, each one can add a few milliseconds of delay, which if blended with a pre-fx DI can have comb filtering effects, sounding kind of like a stuck flanger.

[quote name='madame clapotis' timestamp='1469393167' post='3098000']
I do like the small footprint, although I would think there might be cheaper options for an active signal splitter?
Is there any way I can find out whether my pedals switch phase?
[/quote]

you could do this quite easily with any DAW and a sound card that has ins and outs. simply play a percussive sample through the pedal and record it on the way back in. if the direction of the transient changed, then the phase is inverted.

• 2 weeks later...