Why become a member? ×

It always happens when funds are low ...

Chaos Daveo

So my trusty SVT pro 2 has gone wrong tonight, the light flashes at the front intermittently. It could be a valve has gone or something less costly but I have no money to fix it. Do I sell it and cut my losses and go back to solid state and if I do sell it what do I ask for it. Or save it and then when some cash comes my way get it sorted , bloody hell ...grumble moan.

Edited by Chaos Daveo

Yes aftre my grumble, i will hang on to it..

[quote name='Painy' timestamp='1469259848' post='3096962']
Sell it to me for five pounds!

Oh alright, I can throw in a Hiwatt 'Hurricane' 10W combo to sweeten the deal as long as you pay for postage.

No?.....

Maybe just keep it and get it fixed then :D
[/quote]

Love the optimisum haha!

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1469266001' post='3097011']
Sounds like you're not gigging much or you'd already have a backup.

I'd get a D class backup, my backup is an Aguilar TH500 (from the classifieds), and get the SVT fixed.
[/quote]

Or a used SVT Pro 7 if you want to hang on to the Ampeg look (I won't say sound as to me, mine just sounds like a class D amp without any of the Ampeg loveliness)

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1469266001' post='3097011']
Sounds like you're not gigging much or you'd already have a backup.

I'd get a D class backup, my backup is an Aguilar TH500 (from the classifieds), and get the SVT fixed.
[/quote]

I have a backup, just bummed out I cannot use the SVT that's all

Ah. OK. From my experience that's valve amps for you. I had an MB 400+ that has some "issues" in the valve area.

If it sounds that good always get it fixed.

I moved to an SVT3 PRO and finally to valveless SS and D Class amps. I don't miss valves but if that's your sound then it's annoying when you can't use the amp.

I sold my SVT2 Pro and have regretted it. It's not as if I can even lug one around now having knackered my back, but it was a sublime sounding machine.

So if I live vicariously through you for just a moment - keep it if you can :)

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1469349877' post='3097498']
I sold my SVT2 Pro and have regretted it. It's not as if I can even lug one around now having knackered my back, but it was a sublime sounding machine.

So if I live vicariously through you for just a moment - keep it if you can :)
[/quote]

I've biten the bullet and been given a number by a fellow bassist who I trust for a reference who has the same amp to get it repaired.I await next week when I take it in to await my fate ... It's only money ...

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1469381655' post='3097862']
Well the good news is that Watford Valves do an SVT valve kit so if it ends up being just that you won't have any trouble sourcing the right valves for the job :)
[/quote]

Thanks for the info main man :)