Why become a member? ×

Bergantino AE12 best head match

stufunkybass

Hi all,

I am currently running two bergs under my TC Electronic Classic 450.

I have had the odd comment that the sound is a bit "woofy" and not that clear.

I am looking to up grade the head an indeed have my eye on a couple of heads plus a Tecamp 2x12 combo.

Anyone have any ideas/ran a couple of AE12's

Cheers

Stu

I'd keep the AE112's. Those are some of the best sounding cabs I've used. I used a Thunderfunk 550 and 750 with mine and another favourite was the now discontinued Markbass LM2.

IMO an Aguilar TH500 works very well with Berg cabs. I've also heard that the Genzler Megallen 800 sounds pretty good as well.

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1469321199' post='3097433']
I'd keep the AE112's. Those are some of the best sounding cabs I've used. I used a Thunderfunk 550 and 750 with mine and another favourite was the now discontinued Markbass LM2.

IMO an Aguilar TH500 works very well with Berg cabs. I've also heard that the Genzler Megallen 800 sounds pretty good as well.
[/quote]

Yes, no reason to get rid of a couple of AE's.... Thunder funk and TH are very good fits, IMO.

Edited by JTUK

Rereading the original post, are the 'woofy' comments coming from a gig? The AE112s are rear ported, so there might be an issue if they're hard up against anything behind them, etc.

Just a thought...

I used to have two AE112's with a TC Classic head. Although I was pretty underwhelmed with the TC head it certainly wasn't wooly. I'd be inclined to say that any of the above suggestions would yield good results and that in particular the tecamp suggestion would be great. The thunderfunks are sublime if you're not looking for a micro head.