Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Peavey T-40
£300

alyctes

Selling because it's too heavy for my back and too complicated for my needs.

Natural with BWB plate, with quite a bit of playing wear; the scratchplate has distorted somewhat with time. No case; it will come well packed with a cheapo gigbag, or possibly delivered if you're close enough.

Pics:
[url="http://s1295.photobucket.com/user/alyctes/library/Peavey%20T-40?sort=3&page=1"]http://s1295.photobu...0?sort=3&page=1[/url]

Weight: 5.25kg, a touch over 11.5 lb

Trussrod: Turns OK but I think it's run out of any further downward adjustment - it turns too easily one way. The action is 2-3mm at the 12th, so I find it playable.

Electrics: A little bit of crackle when you turn the knobs. Nothing serious and I strongly suspect a squirt of contact cleaner will sort it out.

General condition: Worn but playable. There is one nasty ding, on the rear lower edge of the body, which you will see in the pics. Lots of wear and minor dents, scratches etc..

£300 delivered (in the UK). Trades possible, cash in my direction preferred; mainly interested in fretless 4-strings. Also, I do need a hard case which will fit a Yamaha BEX 4 semi-acoustic bass (34" scale) - Epiphone case for an Epi Jack Casady should fit well.

Edited by alyctes

Definite bargain! I always check T-40s to see if it's my old one coming up again - not this time though. :)

Great basses, the reasons I sold mine were exactly as mentioned above - but I still miss it a bit...

[quote name='kodiakblair' timestamp='1469405609' post='3098075']
£300 !!!

Absolute bargain,

Shame I have 3 already :)

Gonna link to this on the Peavey FB page OK
[/quote]

Thanks, I appreciate it.

It's a shame I don't get on with it, but there you are; too many basses, not enough time.

[quote name='sbrag' timestamp='1469436150' post='3098177']
Bargain. Ive had a quick noodle on this and it was lovely. Shame i have no money or nothing to trade. GLWTS
[/quote]

Thanks :) I hope you're happy with the B2A, weird little beast that it is.

[quote name='PlungerModerno' timestamp='1469669567' post='3100231']
WOW. That's a beaut!

You say "£300 delivered (in the UK)" - Does that mean you're willing to box this beast up & ship it?
Of course it'd be a little more expensive to ship across the Irish Sea!

Lovely bass you have there! :D
[/quote]

Yes it does.