Why become a member? ×

NBD Maruszcyzk Elwood 'White Rabbit'

Killstarz

I was lusting after one of these VERY hard , can you describe the neck for me , how does it compare to say a standard Jazz I tend to use a 38 mm 70's profile fender type jazz
he describes these as 40mm , i worry because I dont get on with the 42mm P type necks ...

Plus are you planning on swapping the knobs to standard J ones ?

Edited by synthaside

[quote name='synthaside' timestamp='1469457128' post='3098427']
I was lusting after one of these VERY hard , can you describe the neck for me , how does it compare to say a standard Jazz I tend to use a 38 mm 70's profile fender type jazz
he describes these as 40mm , i worry because I dont get on with the 42mm P type necks ...

Plus are you planning on swapping the knobs to standard J ones ?
[/quote]ive never played a 70s Jazz, but the neck on the Elwood feels very similar in terms of profile to the other jazz's I've owned, with the exception of the Geddy Lee I had. I didn't get on with that neck at all.

I will be swapping out the knobs I think. Finish off the vintage look a treat.

I stuck it through my amp for half an hour and it's got a lovely tone to it, especially as I've strung it with flats. Gonna let it sit for an hour or 2 so it can settle as the action was super low. Might need a little tweak but we'll see.

First impressions; might buy a 2nd one.

[quote name='Killstarz' timestamp='1469465902' post='3098546']

[/quote]Yep, I feel that vibe very much. I'd like another 33" scale, passive Elwood L, but fretted and with Delano J p/ups.

[quote name='Killstarz' timestamp='1469465902' post='3098546']
[/quote]

Welcome to my world :-)

This is beautiful.. I LOVE that finish. And I agree about the knobs - it's the only thing about the Elwoods I'm not keen on.

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' timestamp='1469738035' post='3100817']
Is that a nitro finish? It looks lovely and thin.
[/quote]I believe it is a poly finish. I'd have LOVED it to have been nitro so it would naturally relic but to be honest, I love the finish as is..

Been playing this for the best part of a week now and every time I pick it up it's a treat to play. I love absolutely everything about it from the build quality, to the look, to the unbelievably good tone. One happy camper right here.

Edited by Killstarz