Why become a member? ×

Passive Fender Dimensions

tobiewharton

Weird, I was just about to ask about the active USA 5 string version. I tried one the other day in the UK and it was superb in every way. Great balance, neck and play-ability. Tone-wise (for me) better than a Stingray as there were more tonal options.

I imagine, the passives are just as good if a little slightly more limited re tone. I doubt there's much difference in the build quality either.

I guess it'll be the "it's not a Jazz and it's not a Precision and certainly not a Stingray" line of thought that will kill off this bass commercially. However, I was impressed by the design and Fender having a go at something that ISN'T a Jazz or Precision.

[quote name='leschirons' timestamp='1469474810' post='3098643']
I guess it'll be the "it's not a Jazz and it's not a Precision and certainly not a Stingray" line of thought that will kill off this bass commercially. However, I was impressed by the design and Fender having a go at something that ISN'T a Jazz or Precision.
[/quote]

Well, the Ibanez ATK, the G&L L2000 and the PJ basses are alive and well, so hopefully the Dimension will have a long life too! It was refreshing seeing Fender producing something that it's not a rehashed version of another old model of theirs. I've been resisting trying them because if they're half decent I'll buy one: I already love their look! :lol: