Why become a member? ×

SOLD: 2012 Limited Run Gibson Explorer Bass Guitar
£650

AEL89

[size=3]Hi all,[/size]

[size=3][color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]For sale is a Gibson Explorer bass in vintage sunburst. Built in 2012. These were a limited run and really hard to find now. [/font][/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Toured for a few years, but the wear and tear really suits the guitar - I intended to keep it and slowly relic it and then get it relacquered (or something to that effect - I still think that would look incredible!) but I'm now downsizing my collection. I've attached plenty of pictures anyway. 22-frets, 3-point adjustable bridge, grover tuners, thunderbird pickups. Missing a screw from one of the pickup covers - I'll head down the hardware shop and look for a replacement. Selling with the hardcase.[/font][/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Some info I pulled off an eBay listing of the same guitar:[/font][/color][/size]

[i][size=3][color=#000000][font=arial]The Gibson Limited Run Explorer Electric Bass Guitar responds to requests from bassists around the globe who desire two things from a bass”massive sustain and distinctive looks. It features Gibson's classic body design that was first introduced in 1958 as a bold new electric guitar. Being too futuristic for the times, Gibson abandoned the body shape in 1959. Not until numerous copies had become successful sellers did Gibson resurrect the Explorer design for guitars in 1976.[/font][/color][/size]

[color=#000000][font=arial][size=1][size=3]As a bass, a version of the Explorer was manufactured by Gibson under the banner of Epiphone, but rarely under the Gibson name. Now the wait is over. With a set mahogany neck and all mahogany body, this Explorer bass provides the sustain and clarity of tone that performing bassists seek. Dual humbuckers produce plenty of power and sonic versatility. The body is finished to highlight perfectly the harmonious silhouette of this limited-run bass.[/size][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=arial][size=1][size=3]FEATURES[/size][/size][/font][/color][/i][list]
[*][i][size=3]Body Type: Explorer[/size][/i]
[*][i][size=3]Body Wood: Mahogany[/size][/i]
[*][i][size=3]Scale Length: 34"[/size][/i]
[*][i][size=3]Neck Joint: Set[/size][/i]
[*][i][size=3]Neck Wood: Mahogany[/size][/i]
[*][i][size=3]Fretboard: Rosewood[/size][/i]
[*][i][size=3]Neck Shape: Slim Taper[/size][/i]
[*][i][size=3]# frets: 20[/size][/i]
[*][i][size=3]Nut Width: 1.695"[/size][/i]
[*][i][size=3]Fretboard Radius: 12[/size][/i]
[*][i][size=3]Bridge: Fixed[/size][/i]
[*][i][size=3]Pickup Bridge: TB Plus Ceramic Humbucker[/size][/i]
[*][i][size=3]Pickup Neck: TB Plus Ceramic Humbucker[/size][/i]
[*][i][size=3]Controls: 2 Volume, 1 Tone[/size][/i]
[*][i][size=3]Tuners: Grover[/size][/i]
[*][i][size=3]Hardware color: Chrome[/size][/i]
[*][i][size=3]Limited run[/size][/i]
[*][i][size=3]Case: Hardshell[/size][/i]
[/list]
[size=3]I'm based in London (near Camden) but spend a day a week in Bagshot (near Woking/Camberley/Guildford) which is where I keep my stuff - including this bass. Pickup from London or Bagshot or meetup (within reason) is fine! [/size][color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Will post/courier at buyer's expense.[/size][/font][/color]

[size=3]Feel free to drop me a message/email with any questions or if you'd like any further pictures. [/size]

[size=3]My email is info [at] alexloring [dot] com[/size]

[size=3]Cheers,[/size]

[size=3]Alex[/size]

Edited by AEL89

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1469547209' post='3099270']
Wondrous beasts :)
[/quote]

absolutely agree! Sounds brilliant most importantly; tons of low end and loads of sustain. Pretty scarce guitar it would seem...

Edited by AEL89

Played one of these in the US a couple of years ago...it was pretty wonderful. The first time I've actually felt that I was too old and chubby to pull it off.

If you're toying with ownership of an Explorer bass, then buy this. They sound and play fantastic.

[quote name='NancyJohnson' timestamp='1469563177' post='3099440']
Played one of these in the US a couple of years ago...it was pretty wonderful. The first time I've actually felt that I was too old and chubby to pull it off.

If you're toying with ownership of an Explorer bass, then buy this. They sound and play fantastic.
[/quote]

Haha. I'm very sorry to hear you felt too old for it, though I think you can still rock it!

Thanks for the endorsement. It's a great instrument for sure!