Why become a member? ×

Reverb Pedals

Asambique

I want to pick up a reverb pedal, the ebs dynaverb and the tc electronic hall of fame have my attention.
The hall of fame seems more versatile out of the two. I have only been able to check out video's online but am still unsure of which to go for.
Anyone here tried one or both and have an opinion? any other pedals worth a look at?

cheers

[quote name='Asambique' timestamp='1469536777' post='3099085']
I want to pick up a reverb pedal, the ebs dynaverb and the tc electronic hall of fame have my attention.
The hall of fame seems more versatile out of the two. I have only been able to check out video's online but am still unsure of which to go for.
Anyone here tried one or both and have an opinion? any other pedals worth a look at?

cheers
[/quote]

Absolutely check out the MXR M300 reverb too.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAeWwMC2EaI[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81du3joU1mo[/media]

Edited by EBS_freak

I have a TC Hall of Fame. Its ok, does the job i guess, just find it hard to get excited about. The spring model is pretty rubbish, but the plates are ok. Personally I don't think its very versatile - most of the different models sound the same to me. This could be because I'm used to using some decent quality plugins on the computer, or maybe because i tried a Strymon Big Sky once!
Worth mentioning that I haven't played around with the TC tone print software - might well be that theres tons of good stuff to be found with a bit of tweaking!

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1469540021' post='3099149']
Absolutely check out the MXR M300 reverb too.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAeWwMC2EaI[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81du3joU1mo[/media]
[/quote]

That does look nice, a little more than what i was looking to spend but that promo vid is great! haha. i could be swayed!!

If you're looking for interesting and really lush reverbs, check out the different offerings from Mr Black, really nice shimmering and modulated reverbs.
If you want to spend a bit of money, easily the best on the market (to my ears) are the Strymon offerings, the Blue Sky and specifically the Big Sky.

Si

[quote name='stega' timestamp='1469540723' post='3099167']
I have a TC Hall of Fame. Its ok, does the job i guess, just find it hard to get excited about. The spring model is pretty rubbish, but the plates are ok. Personally I don't think its very versatile - most of the different models sound the same to me. This could be because I'm used to using some decent quality plugins on the computer, or maybe because i tried a Strymon Big Sky once!
Worth mentioning that I haven't played around with the TC tone print software - might well be that theres tons of good stuff to be found with a bit of tweaking!
[/quote]

Thats good to know, i was thinking more versatile with the toneprint addition. Out of the 2 i originally checked out i preferred the sound coming from the dynaverb, but i am only listening to videos online.
Cheers for the offer too that could be a shout, i work away quite a lot so time spent in cardiff is pretty minimal atm! I live in Riverside though, is that close to you?

[quote name='Asambique' timestamp='1469541388' post='3099188']
Cheers for the offer too that could be a shout, i work away quite a lot so time spent in cardiff is pretty minimal atm! I live in Riverside though, is that close to you?
[/quote]

Im just outside in Tongwynlais - 15 mins or so on the bus from the centre. Away in Norway until next week, but PM me to let me know when you're about and maybe we can sort something out.

you should look at the source audio dimension reverb. if you can get over the size, and its ugly.... it is a fantatsic reverb with loads of great sounding engines. gives you 2 presets too

i had one, and sold it. but i miss it bad!, im looking for a 2nd hand one now

I've been hearing good things about the latest Neunaber pedal, the "Immerse"

I've got a Mr Black Eterna Gold and I'm really chuffed with that too, if you like the sound of a shimmer on top of the reverb tails. And it goes on forever.....ever...ever......

Stick a bit of delay on before the reverb for some epic long tails (or after, YMMV)

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1469793484' post='3101078']
The Strymon is great, I also used the Neunaber wet, that's really nice too.

I've moved away from pedals, and use software nowadays. Far more versatile.
[/quote]

Software sounds so sterile and too perfect to my ears, give me genuine pedals any day

[quote name='Westenra' timestamp='1469802815' post='3101196']
Software sounds so sterile and too perfect to my ears, give me genuine pedals any day
[/quote]

Maybe, but who'd notice in a live situation ?

I'd still rather have the versatility. I like being able to have 7 or 8 reverb sounds that I can just recall instantly, and switch between in the same piece.

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1469805082' post='3101222']
Maybe, but who'd notice in a live situation ?

I'd still rather have the versatility. I like being able to have 7 or 8 reverb sounds that I can just recall instantly, and switch between in the same piece.
[/quote]

how do you switch? and what do you run the software on?

most of my dedals are digital, and i never notice any lack of realism. so im interested.

[quote name='GisserD' timestamp='1469808905' post='3101263']

how do you switch? and what do you run the software on?

most of my dedals are digital, and i never notice any lack of realism. so im interested.
[/quote]

I use either Logic Pro X, or Mainstage on a MacBook. I just downloaded Flux:FX from the AppStore, so I'm going to be playing with that this evening.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Westenra' timestamp='1469802815' post='3101196']
[/quote]

These reverb pedals are all digital though and therefore run software inside them!

Are there any reverbs other than the Nimbus that have a high pass filter on them so that just the top end is reverberated?