Why become a member? ×

Rotosound - new Medium and Short scale strings on the way

Bass Culture

Having recently taken delivery of my new Custom Zoot 32" scale I thought I'd drop Rotosound a line this morning asking if they had any plans to introduce more choice in their - very limited - short and medium scale sets, especially seeing as shorter scale basses generally seem to be getting more popular. Received a very nice email back confirming that they did indeed have "plans to expand our short and medium scale sets sometime this year". The market speaks, suppliers listen - great news, say I!

• 3 weeks later...

Rotosound seems to be one of the few companies that actually listens to what their customers want, it seems that if their is enough demand then they will make it. I emailed them a while ago asking if they had any plans for a 95-35 gauge set of flatwounds , they did not give a straight yes or no answer but said that they were currently looking into the suggestions made by their customers and had new string sets lined up for 2016 , hopefully they will get more demands for a extra light gauge flatwound set