Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

my sadly guitar related one almost finished (save for an EQ) [url="http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1346/1108335329_ffc2fc5336_b.jpg"]here[/url]. Included only for the fact that most of the decisions I made regarding signal chain and whatnot, I learnt from here. I'm still only using a TU-2, ODB-3 and GEB -7 on bass and you all know what they look like.

Here is my board - it isn't all set up properly, so I will explain the chain below. The only thing you don't see is my BBE Sonic Stomp, which is behind my amp in my effects loop, always on.
My chain goes like this
Bass > Boss Metal Zone > Boss CE-3 > Diamond Compressor > Diamond Fireburst > Diamond J-Drive > Boss TR-2 > Electro-Harmonix Small Stone > Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron > Diamond Memory Lane > Amp

The Metal Zone is almost un-usable with my bass - I use it like crazy with my guitar and I simply left it in my chain because I was too lazy to bend over and take it out for the picture.
Then into the chorus, which I am not too terribly impressed with, but until I get something else it will have to do.
After that it goes into my Diamond Compressor, which is just awesome. Does exactly what I want it to.
The Fireburst is the perfect distortion sound to go with my bass. I bought it for my guitar, and was never too happy with it - it is good, but not really the sound I was after. I just plugged it into my bass a couple weeks ago and was stunned to find that after trying a handful of "bass distortions" that left me unimpressed, this one was exactly what I was looking for. A very nice Jeordie White type sound.
I hardly ever use the J-Drive with my bass either. The drive isn't what I am looking for on it, but it also has a button that gives it a volume boost, which I use every now and again.
Then it goes through my tremolo and phaser which are both self explanatory.
Next up is the Q-Tron. I just bought this a couple weeks ago and have been focusing its attention to my guitar, and it was only recently that I have tried it with my bass. I have heard some great clips online of its use with bass where it sounds outstanding, but I haven't been able to re-create these sounds yet. I think it has to do with my bass having a fairly high output, but we will see.
Last for the board, it goes into the Diamond Memory Lane, which is the nicest sounding delay I have ever heard. I highly recommend getting this pedal if you can - at least go to the website and hear some clips.
Finally it goes into my MarkBass LMII amp and all is well.

Edited by micahbell

[quote name='Ant' post='2471' date='May 19 2007, 08:29 PM']Hey Joe, i'd be interested in knowing your signal chain.

Here's a recent shot of my board:

and i have an ISP decimator pedal in the back of my rack.[/quote]

ant, i'm sure ive asked before on other forums, but what is the pedal with rage written on it?

Got a few that I'm not gigging :) and the pedalboard in the top right corner

Home Jam Setup today just to try some things out.

DD-20 and Whammy are for my guitarist but he's not paid me so they are currently MINE. Think I'll be getting a space echo after playing with the DD-20 and figuring out what I love/hate about it the Space Echo will prolly do me proud.

Whammy I don't know, the only think I like it flicking it up 2 octaves mid riff but I find the tracking all over a bit crap, I think I'd end up with the Digitech EX-7 Expression Factory or what ever due to it doing the modes of the whammy I like and none I don't and those Space Station sounds but we'll see.

Hello!

This is my first post. I just found the board today whilst messing around on the net. There are some pretty cool boards on this thread! I do know a couple of the members from the muse board I think. Anyway, I thought I would post my rig!

If you want to hear it in action, check no-logo.co.uk

John > I bought these connectors at the "shop next block". I don't even know where they come from but they're not gold plated like the EBS ones. Anyway gold plating those things is just a way to make more money on us; it doesn't make any difference on the sound... :) I'll shoot and post a pic for ya.

EDIT: Here we are !

Edited by Lulu

Well, my pedalboard isnt as posh as some i've seen here, but it suits my needs perfectly.

sequence:

IN -> Boss Bass Chorus CE-2b -> WOBO -> EBS Multicomp -> MXR m80+ -> OUT

LOOP A -> DOD DFX94 Sampler\ Delay
LOOP B -> DOD FX25 Env. Filter -> Ibanez PH-7 Phaser

Portable, functional, and relatively good quality.

the power comes through 2 linked daisy-chains that hookup to my boss transformer and that connects to my rack voltage regulator.

Edited by Aussiephoenix

[quote name='G-bitch' post='49881' date='Aug 24 2007, 12:12 AM']Just got my new downsized and simplified one done:

[/quote]

There appears to be something missing hmmmmm oh yeah it's another 10 pedals get this fixed asap.

BTW am loving the PB&J but don't tell anyone don't want the prices to go up on ebay. But its way better than a DD-3.

[quote name='Muse_Cubed' post='49898' date='Aug 24 2007, 01:10 AM']Board (on a board! - courtesy of G-Bitch :) )

With the two finishing touches indicated. The VT2's on its way.

[/quote]

As a tip I would recomend putting the deep impact at the front and the DHA behind it due to the height of the dha it will be difficult for you to get at the Deep Impact but if they are the other way round both will be accessible.

Also I presume the multi comp doesn't get turned off so maybe stick that under the shelf? and place your blowtorch behind the whammy as it looks impossible to get to where you have it now unless you have that on at all times as well.

Just some friendly pointers take em or leave em after all what do I know :huh:

Good board btw

Alright chaps, thought I'd stick my box of tricks in for good measure. 'scuse the tarty case; the one I had before was custom made in the States & had room for close to 30 pedals (I was playing in a duo with a drummer-that's my excuse & I'm sticking with it!). Still fairly flexible, sometimes swap out one of the delays for an EBS Dynaverb, the Bassiq sometimes loses out to a Boss FT-2 & the Multidrive does shiftwork with a MetalZone from time to time. The SYB-3 is not through choice, the guitarist I'm touring with now insisted on it being included. Kind of nice to have everything packaged up up & ready to plug & play. Also amazed to see the number of Deep Impact pedals being used in the UK. Must have been popular over there too. By the way, thanks, this post is an education! Hadn't heard of some of the toys you're using so I'm going hunting on the weekend. Oh, and sorry if the photo sucks but it's easier to get a useful sound from the SYB than it is to get a good pic from my camera. Cheers, Spark
[attachment=1917:IMG_0045.jpg]

[quote name='Lulu' post='49126' date='Aug 22 2007, 07:10 PM']John > I bought these connectors at the "shop next block". I don't even know where they come from but they're not gold plated like the EBS ones. Anyway gold plating those things is just a way to make more money on us; it doesn't make any difference on the sound... :) I'll shoot and post a pic for ya.

EDIT: Here we are !

[/quote]

that's exactly what I want!

[quote name='john_the_bass' post='49947' date='Aug 24 2007, 08:51 AM']that's exactly what I want![/quote]

There's those, and the Elbow ones like you can see between the Phaser and Env Filter on my board. the straight ones only work for pedals (usually same make eg: boss -> boss) as the inputs/outputs tend to be in different positions between different brands.

[quote name='Motocross_nick' post='49883' date='Aug 24 2007, 12:15 AM']interesting looper you got that mate, whats the make? or a custom built jobby?[/quote]

There didn't used to be so many people making loopers/switching boxes - he was the only guy I could find at the time (about 2002)! www.loooper.com

My favourite kind of America, i.e. one who totally bullshits the declared customs value without you even asking!

Some seriously nice looking boards going on here. There are also some which appear to be practically unusable to my eyes; cheddatom, that all looks like you need to be crawling around on your knees to use it - is it work in progress? Also some without any kind of true bypass system in place - which is ok with a few high end pedals, but once you've a couple of boss buffers in the mix your clean sound is fooked!

[b]dutchwife[/b] - I had exactly the same excuse for my 10+ pedals being in a two piece band. The drummer had V-drums and a sampler which made it even more fun. I think the fact that I did all the vocals moderated me in the pedalboard department as it had to be totally functional and practical in order to use it whilst also doing vocals (and swithcing vocal effects to :)).

[b]Muse-cubed[/b] - Looking good mate - what's the signal chain going to be there?

[b]Tayste[/b] - I'm done with huge boards; just going to keep it simple from now on. Although there's space for a couple of little'uns on there :huh:

[quote name='G-bitch' post='50057' date='Aug 24 2007, 12:13 PM']Some seriously nice looking boards going on here. There are also some which appear to be practically unusable to my eyes; cheddatom, that all looks like you need to be crawling around on your knees to use it - is it work in progress? Also some without any kind of true bypass system in place - which is ok with a few high end pedals, but once you've a couple of boss buffers in the mix your clean sound is fooked![/quote]

Heh, you should hear my clean sound, and then tell me it's fooked!

It's always a work in progress. I neither have the money, time, nor motivation to stick all my pedals down. I have them set up at practice, then just squash the flightcase lid on there. When I get to a gig, I take the lid off and sort out whatever has moved, which is never much.

I don't crawl around at all really, occasionally i'll bend down, to switch my dano pedal for example, which has a crap footswitch.

I regularly gig with around 20 pedals, at least 16 of which are essential for my band's sound. It may look like chaos, but, listen to the music (no-logo.co.uk)! There is some order.

[quote name='dutchwife' post='49909' date='Aug 24 2007, 04:55 AM']Alright chaps, thought I'd stick my box of tricks in for good measure. 'scuse the tarty case; the one I had before was custom made in the States & had room for close to 30 pedals (I was playing in a duo with a drummer-that's my excuse & I'm sticking with it!). Still fairly flexible, sometimes swap out one of the delays for an EBS Dynaverb, the Bassiq sometimes loses out to a Boss FT-2 & the Multidrive does shiftwork with a MetalZone from time to time. The SYB-3 is not through choice, the guitarist I'm touring with now insisted on it being included. Kind of nice to have everything packaged up up & ready to plug & play. Also amazed to see the number of Deep Impact pedals being used in the UK. Must have been popular over there too. By the way, thanks, this post is an education! Hadn't heard of some of the toys you're using so I'm going hunting on the weekend. Oh, and sorry if the photo sucks but it's easier to get a useful sound from the SYB than it is to get a good pic from my camera. Cheers, Spark
[attachment=1917:IMG_0045.jpg][/quote]

Two synth pedals... i like it!!!