Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='dudewheresmybass' timestamp='1363087558' post='2008091']
So the qtron hasn't made it to the board yet?
[/quote]
This is my gigging board.....
The qtron won't be going on it as my band has little use for a filter in its sound.
The qtron I bought as a toy
Until I like it and get the hang of using it [and the others like it and we write some songs that are enhanced by using it] it will stay off the board

The band i am in gig a 2hr+ set of self penned songs going back over the last 30 years which the punters know well from the many albums recorded.
A qtron just isn't going to do anything for the bass on those.

Edited by Twigman

[quote name='Twigman' timestamp='1363096509' post='2008361']

This is my gigging board.....
The qtron won't be going on it as my band has little use for a filter in it's sound.
The qtron I bought as a toy
if I like it and get the hang of using it [and the others like it and we write some songs that are enhanced by using it] it will stay off the board

The band i am in gig a 2hr+ set of sel penned songs going back over the last 30 years which the punters know well from the many albums recorded.
A qtron just isn't going to do anything for the bass on those.
[/quote]

Fair enough mate. Enjoy ;)

A little update from me...Just put together my 3rd Nano:

And here's the underside:

And just for fun here are some pics of the other 2 Nanos and their undersides:

I have changed the Power Supply now to a Diago Micro9 as it fits nicely underneath the Nano. Board 1 is the main board that comes to every gig, it has a daisy chain with 8 outputs on it, so I can power all 4 pedals on the board, and then 2 of the spare outputs will power the other 2 Nanos, and still have 2 outputs left for any additional pedals that aren't on the boards. I'm really liking the modular setup, as taking a huge board with everything on to every gig was just getting to be a ball ache. Now I have 3 light separate boards that I can mix and match in any order depending on the gig.

Signal chains are as follows:

Nano 1 is the bare essentials that come to every gig including the ships - Sadowsky Pre/DI (Korg DT-10bk on Tuner out)>Aguilar TLC>Darkglass B3K

which plugs into:

Nano 2, for the rock covers gigs when I'm home that require Fuzz/Octave/Filter (playing Muse, RHCP, RATM etc) - Aguilar Octamizer>Iron Ether Oxide> Custom Fuzzrocious Grey Stache>Aguilar Filter Twin>SFX Micro Thumpinator

then onto:

Nano 3, which as you can see, is mostly the Modulation board (I count the Prometheus as Modulation as I will generally use it for it's Auto-Wah capabilities, although it will of course double as a second filter in case the Filter Twin is setup for a certain sound) - Subdecay Prometheus>Subdecay Quasar DLX>Boss BF-2B>Analogman Mini Chorus (w/ hardwired deep mod)

Sorry for the massive post, just excited to finally get my pedal setup sorted! :)

I've got a Loopmaster patcher I'm not using. Basically a tiny box with in/out/send/return jacks. You put the whole board in the send and return, then just plug in and out. Makes your board neat and tidy too by having the cables all going to one place. Let me know if you want it!

Cheers mate! :) Mine has the standard diode toggle (can't remember what's actually in there though lol.) and the other toggle switch (which I custom requested, and I think is now a proper option when ordering) is a tone bypass. Takes the tone knob completely out of the signal chain. You get a bit more volume, and its just your signal, no additional EQ, with however much fuzz you want to put on it. I got the idea from a Swollen Pickle clone I have with a 4 way tone stack modifier. I found it funny that I bought a Fuzz that would do 3 different era Big Muff tone stacks, and ended up using it on the tone bypass mode, haha :)

And of course the second footswitch is for the Gate control. Not sure about the Gate. Seems I have to have it turned ALL the way up to get any sound out of it all, and when I do it's so quiet I have to bump the volume knob up quite a bit. Just makes the footswitch useless as you have to change settings to go between gated and ungated anyway. I was hoping for a gate I could just turn on that would tighten up the sound, but its pretty much unusable in it's current incarnation. I don't really mind though, as I bought the Stache for a more traditional Fuzz sound, while the Oxide takes care of the gated and synthier sounds!

Edited by Higgie

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]LOVE this thread! but, I can't believe we've (only) had '223' pages.. C'MON!!! let's 'ave some more - get posting you guy's & girls! [/font][/color] :hi: [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color]

[quote name='SimonEdward' timestamp='1363724421' post='2016663']
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]LOVE this thread! but, I can't believe we've (only) had '223' pages.. C'MON!!! let's 'ave some more - get posting you guy's & girls! [/font][/color] :hi: [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color]
[/quote]

I'm just waiting for a noise gate to arrive in the post before I do a complete reshuffle and get a new picture up. I've also got pedal risers and a new patch cable kit to get to grips with so that's gonna be a fun afternoon! :D

[quote name='SimonEdward' timestamp='1363724421' post='2016663']
[/quote]

I have an actual board to replace my chopping board effort and some new pedals! Will be posting after I've done some swapping around :)

[quote name='mcgraham' timestamp='1363727944' post='2016768']
Updated pic. Same pedals, but with uber-high quality switching and fully jacketed George Ls

[/quote]

Very very nice! Good job on the underneath too!

[quote name='Higgie' timestamp='1363749665' post='2017028']
Very very nice! Good job on the underneath too!
[/quote]
Ta!

Took a good amount of time, but worth it I feel for the end result :)

I should point out that the signal chain is OC2 > VT Bass > Corona Chorus rather than the way it looks on the board. This is because the VT bass is too big to fit into the gap where the Corona had to go.

I'm still trying to work out how to/whether to integrate my Minitaur into the setup, as I can run the bass through the external filter and use an exp pedal to get big synth swells. Hmmmm....