Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='cheddatom' timestamp='1436351206' post='2817294']
No such thing! What's the little behringer box for?
[/quote]Its a mono line level mixer. The bass synth wah goes to it clean out of the second output, and the rest goes fuzz->phaser->dirt and into one of the other inputs then it all goes out to the amp. Its a neat little thing!

[quote name='operative451' timestamp='1436370598' post='2817612']
Its a mono line level mixer. The bass synth wah goes to it clean out of the second output, and the rest goes fuzz->phaser->dirt and into one of the other inputs then it all goes out to the amp. Its a neat little thing!
[/quote]

That's exactly what I do, except use an ls2 as a mixer, having the octave or Synth stay completely Un effected whilst dirtying up the other line makes a huge difference.

[quote name='operative451' timestamp='1436370598' post='2817612']
Its a mono line level mixer. The bass synth wah goes to it clean out of the second output, and the rest goes fuzz->phaser->dirt and into one of the other inputs then it all goes out to the amp. Its a neat little thing!
[/quote]

That's exactly what I do, except use an ls2 as a mixer, having the octave or Synth stay completely Un effected whilst dirtying up the other line makes a huge difference.

[quote name='operative451' timestamp='1436382389' post='2817773']
Its definitely rather nice running the digitech as an octaver, clean and then fuzz on the other channel. Stuff falls over... :D
[/quote]
That's always a good sign :lol: I used to have the BSW but sold it some time ago. I now have synth-y octave goodness courtesy of a Micro POG. Through a 12" PA cab it sounds dirty and immense

A POG, a Chorus and a Delay walk into a bar...... it might sound like the start of a joke but I'm putting together a new board for the effects stuff so I can have a loop switcher, two flavours of OD, a bass Big Muff Pi, and the afore-mentioned CEB-3 Chorus and a new TC Elctronics Flashback delay. O.M.G :o have been making weird space synthy subby dubby sounds all evening with various degrees of silliness on my low-tuned fretless.

Ian

Edited by Bottle

After I received a Tim-tuning Octabvre this week and getting stuck into lots of synthy goodness I just finished wiring this board up:

If Neunaber released a phaser effect for the Slate I think I would be pretty much satisfied.

Edited by BigBassBob

Recently completed pedalboard mk2, though no velcro and custom leads to be cut later. More importantly, there is still one more 9v power slot in the power supply, so the quest for the final pedal (assuming I can free up some real estate, probably by mounting the power supply underneath the board) goes on... :)

This mornings board

[URL=http://s420.photobucket.com/user/spongebob_sqaurepants/media/5A5F2FBC-3DF3-4176-AEB5-E99350FA645F_zpsbanvqqqb.jpg.html][IMG]http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp287/spongebob_sqaurepants/5A5F2FBC-3DF3-4176-AEB5-E99350FA645F_zpsbanvqqqb.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

NPD!!! Just bought a Tech21 VT Bass DI and have placed it on my board already:

[url="http://s308.photobucket.com/user/ezbass/media/IMG_0128_zpsnz8eof6c.jpg.html"][/url]

I only ordered this from Thomann on Friday evening and it arrived today! Plus it was £80 (dependant on exchange rate) cheaper than GG, who wouldn't move on their price at all, a shame as, if they'd've come down just £60, I'd've bought it from them.

Edited by ezbass

Cali sold so had a shift around

[URL=http://s420.photobucket.com/user/spongebob_sqaurepants/media/B217C782-E2FC-412F-9BE1-10A062C2E82D_zpsurky96kl.jpg.html][IMG]http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp287/spongebob_sqaurepants/B217C782-E2FC-412F-9BE1-10A062C2E82D_zpsurky96kl.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

www.bassdirect.co.uk is where I got mine from :)

I'll record something next week with it.

I've tried a few octave pedals but this is the first one I've enjoyed using.

I tried the MXR BOD but I didn't like the tones I was getting. I couldn't get on with the IE Sub-T (not strictly octave but I thought the tracking on it was very questionable for something which was rated so highly on Talkbass.)

Don't get me started on the OC3.

I've not tried the Markbass so I cannot comment.

Edited by BigBassBob

Guest FretNoMore

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1437209543' post='2824407']
I know I posted this in a separate thread, but though it was a good little rundown of my mini pedalboard so might be apt here:
http://youtu.be/UpdfBUES_XQ
[/quote]
Nice little setup, with big sounds!

[quote name='BigBassBob' timestamp='1437101049' post='2823607']
www.bassdirect.co.uk is where I got mine from :)

I'll record something next week with it.

I've tried a few octave pedals but this is the first one I've enjoyed using.

I tried the MXR BOD but I didn't like the tones I was getting. I couldn't get on with the IE Sub-T (not strictly octave but I thought the tracking on it was very questionable for something which was rated so highly on Talkbass.)

Don't get me started on the OC3.

I've not tried the Markbass so I cannot comment.
[/quote]

Thanks The Markbass was the favourite I could find at the time (couple of years ago) its a nice unit just few twitchy little things about it are getting me to start looking else ware. It tracks beautifully to about G on the E then its gone but a very usable effect all the same (providing the jacks stay in there sockets.....)
Thanks for the link and look forward to hearing some clips and feedback from you

Finally got around to updating my FX board. Bought a PedalTrain Classic Junior last week off of Amazon for £80. Finished putting everything on it on Saturday. Trying to see if I can fit one more pedal on it (GASing for a Mr Black Eterna Gold). Any tips for mounting a Voodoo Labs Pedalpower 2 underneath (I don't have the mounting kit)

Guest FretNoMore

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1437596710' post='2827510']
finally picked me up a pedaltrain metro 24... loving the board, though not too sure about the soft case, doesn't have the side-pocket the old mini-board bag had <_<

[/quote]

Looks nice, though the bag with the side-pocket was a factor when I bought a Mini instead of making another DIY board.