Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='uzzell' timestamp='1460394038' post='3025353']
Just thought I would quickly share with you all the latest evolution of my board. Need to add a true bypass switch (for switching on multiple effects at once, namely the POG and Organizer (sic)) and replace that daft red lead.

As you may have guessed, I am one of those more ambient style bassists.

[/quote]

Organizer with an Eterna is ultimate

Si

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1460466925' post='3025937']
Organizer with an Eterna is ultimate

Si
[/quote]

Absolutely! Suits my particular ethereal style of playing. In fact, it was a comment made by yourself a good while ago that prompted me to give them a try so thanks for that.

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1460484338' post='3026147']
you're giving me ideas... lots of scope for ambient intro's and sections in our bands stuff, and currently relying on a dispatch master alone... it needs some company!!

out of interest, how prominent can the reverb get on the el cap?
[/quote]

Its interesting that you ask that actually as I was looking for the same information before buying it.

Personally, I am really impressed with the depth of the reverb. Its obviously not got the lushness of the Eterna but is more than useful for most applications and the spring reverb makes an interesting complement to the Eterna.

Interestingly, I have just found a way of setting it up so that it can be used solely as a reverb pedal which opens up yet more options on an already feature laden pedal. This is particularly useful if you have the favorite button so you can go between just a spring reverb sound to the full on delay (with or without reverb) at the press of a switch.

[quote name='uzzell' timestamp='1460487253' post='3026204']

Its interesting that you ask that actually as I was looking for the same information before buying it.

Personally, I am really impressed with the depth of the reverb. Its obviously not got the lushness of the Eterna but is more than useful for most applications and the spring reverb makes an interesting complement to the Eterna.

Interestingly, I have just found a way of setting it up so that it can be used solely as a reverb pedal which opens up yet more options on an already feature laden pedal. This is particularly useful if you have the favorite button so you can go between just a spring reverb sound to the full on delay (with or without reverb) at the press of a switch.
[/quote]

I did this with my el cap and favourite switch

[quote name='uzzell' timestamp='1460482327' post='3026123']

Absolutely! Suits my particular ethereal style of playing. In fact, it was a comment made by yourself a good while ago that prompted me to give them a try so thanks for that.
[/quote]

My pleasure! :). Great board!

Si

Latest rework of the board, loving the redwitch stuff, ive got a synthotron which i need to work out and have a play with but the combo of moon phaser and Zeus!

and the Fuzzrocious Ciciada is back on for the totally craziness that it puts out!

[URL=http://s245.photobucket.com/user/0175westwood29/media/1936378_10156873421330565_1910753906533743925_n.jpg.html][IMG]http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg72/0175westwood29/1936378_10156873421330565_1910753906533743925_n.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

well, having owned an eterna, it's a totally different beast. The delays are quite clean, but nothing like a boss DD-3. reverb on it is fantastic, and the delay and reverb together do sound epic. Not much control on the reverb, but I don't miss that - it's a great little pedal. I use mine with a long delay and lots of reverb for volume swells and pads.

[attachment=217171:IMG_20160416_211928.jpg]

Here's where my PT Mini currently stands. PWNZOR > TK-421-X > Musket clone > Modified BJFE Blueberry clone > Enabler. Need better patch leads (EBS look good)...

and possibly something double the size judging by the number of REALLY GOOD spare pedals I have sitting around that didn't make the cut! The mess of leads is making my OCD do nasty things...

Questions for the collective. Should I move the Blueberry in front of the COG? It'll be on most of the time in this setup...

Edited by Bigwan

[quote name='Bigwan' timestamp='1460840294' post='3029303']

Here's where my PT Mini currently stands. PWNZOR > TK-421-X > Musket clone > Modified BJFE Blueberry clone > Enabler. Need better patch leads (EBS look good)...

and possibly something double the size judging by the number of REALLY GOOD spare pedals I have sitting around that didn't make the cut! The mess of leads is making my OCD do nasty things...

Questions for the collective. Should I move the Blueberry in front of the COG? It'll be on most of the time in this setup...
[/quote]

I would definitely have the Blueberry early in the chain. I don't like what it does to other distortion pedals, I would prefer to have the option of using it to boost into the Big Muff instead.

Edited by dannybuoy

[/quote]

that is a very nice board!

Andy

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1460849654' post='3029360']
I would definitely have the Blueberry early in the chain. I don't like what it does to other distortion pedals, I would prefer to have the option of using it to boost into the Big Muff instead.
[/quote]

Sounds about what I was thinking. I'd read that Ryan Ratajski of Fuzzrocious doesn't recommend stacking his Dark Driving (which is basically Blueberry-ish) after other drive pedals.

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1460850927' post='3029368']
that is a very nice board!

Andy
[/quote]

Thanks Andy!

[/quote]

Not the same as the Blueberry, but similar in an amp - style overdrive kind of way...I used to use my SFT, and now use my COG Knightfall before the TK-421-X, and it drives it really nicely. I now keep the Knightfall on all the time, and kick on the TK when I need a gnarly, grindy boost!

[quote name='bakerster135' timestamp='1461094743' post='3031475']

Not the same as the Blueberry, but similar in an amp - style overdrive kind of way...I used to use my SFT, and now use my COG Knightfall before the TK-421-X, and it drives it really nicely. I now keep the Knightfall on all the time, and kick on the TK when I need a gnarly, grindy boost!
[/quote]

Thanks! Exactly what I wanted to hear. Have made the move but haven't tried it yet as I have family staying for a few days.

My Pedaltrain Jr is a bit crowded :D
Polytune -> Boss OC2 -> DIY Bass Tubescreamer -> Modded Big Muff -> EQD The Depths -> Digitech Space Station (thus, a modded XP200) -> Line6 DL4.

At this moment all pedals are powered by a OneSpot adaptor, except the Space Station: it uses an Line6 adaptor.
Still have to buy a decent power brick though. I'm going for the Truetone OneSpot Pro CS12 probably.

And I might need to either rehouse the Muff into a smaller enclosure, or buy a slightly larger board. All pedals are hanging over the edge of the board, but it still fits tightly in the softcase.

Guest FretNoMore

Building a new big pedalboard, strictly for fun and experiments at home (too heavy for me to carry around, and with effects I wouldn't really use for blues and classic rock :) )

The board has a PT Pro footprint, and fully loaded it is stupidly heavy, but as I don't intend to carry it outside the house I can live with it.

Still missing cables which I have to solder over the coming days, something I don't look forward to. :)

[quote name='MagicOnion' timestamp='1461588786' post='3035864']

My Pedaltrain Jr is a bit crowded :D
Polytune -> Boss OC2 -> DIY Bass Tubescreamer -> Modded Big Muff -> EQD The Depths -> Digitech Space Station (thus, a modded XP200) -> Line6 DL4.

At this moment all pedals are powered by a OneSpot adaptor, except the Space Station: it uses an Line6 adaptor.
Still have to buy a decent power brick though. I'm going for the Truetone OneSpot Pro CS12 probably.

And I might need to either rehouse the Muff into a smaller enclosure, or buy a slightly larger board. All pedals are hanging over the edge of the board, but it still fits tightly in the softcase.
[/quote]
Ohh, lots of lovely, mystery switches on the Muff! What mods have you done to it?

My Muff is in a similar size enclosure, but there is also a Musket in there. With ten knobs, three toggle switches and two footswitches, there isn't an awful lot of space left, but I do like a challenge... I have a couple of ideas for further mods (basically extending the clipping options from no diodes, si diodes or leds, to include asynchronous diode and led options. And maybe a noise gate. I might also add a phase switch to the Musket so that it works better with the blend knob when both pedals are on at the same time), but I am always looking for more.

My Muff was an NYC model I bought for dirt cheap. I then modded it to more or less a green russian one.
The mods I have done are some of the most frequent I think. 2 switches are for removing the diodes from the circuit (one switch for each diode pair), another switch is to have a mid bump, and the last one is to choose between two resistors somewhere in the circuit which changes the character of the low end. All mods are very usable in my opinion, both on bass and guitar.
Removing the diodes is such a cool trick: basicly you get a Colorsound Supa Tonebender, with the result of more volume (it really is loud), less compression and gain, thus a more open overdrive-like sound.

[quote name='MagicOnion' timestamp='1461858172' post='3038285']
My Muff was an NYC model I bought for dirt cheap. I then modded it to more or less a green russian one.
The mods I have done are some of the most frequent I think. 2 switches are for removing the diodes from the circuit (one switch for each diode pair), another switch is to have a mid bump, and the last one is to choose between two resistors somewhere in the circuit which changes the character of the low end. All mods are very usable in my opinion, both on bass and guitar.
Removing the diodes is such a cool trick: basicly you get a Colorsound Supa Tonebender, with the result of more volume (it really is loud), less compression and gain, thus a more open overdrive-like sound.
[/quote]
Do you know what? I have a switch that removes or replaces one set of diodes, yet it never occurred to me to have the same option for the other set...

[quote name='FretNoMore' timestamp='1461854121' post='3038238']
Building a new big pedalboard, strictly for fun and experiments at home (too heavy for me to carry around, and with effects I wouldn't really use for blues and classic rock :) )

The board has a PT Pro footprint, and fully loaded it is stupidly heavy, but as I don't intend to carry it outside the house I can live with it.

Still missing cables which I have to solder over the coming days, something I don't look forward to. :)

[/quote]

Couldn't let that pass without comment, wow! That looks like a lot of fun :D

Guest FretNoMore

[quote name='Painy' timestamp='1461881984' post='3038546']

Couldn't let that pass without comment, wow! That looks like a lot of fun :D
[/quote]

Thanks, yes that is the idea! :)

[quote name='FretNoMore' timestamp='1461854121' post='3038238']

[/quote]

Oh my! Lovely stuff.

I thought I'd join the fun and post my pedalboard, I think it's pretty straight forward, I don't use many effects on cover songs, but I've been involved in an originals band recently so I've been experimenting with effects...

[url="http://s1064.photobucket.com/user/warliss42/media/ce092d4d-0432-41f2-ab89-e2e128bb554b_zpsgfetnubu.jpg.html"][/url]

I'm impressed with the Polytune Clip, it's the most recent addition to my toolkit.

I'm also toying with moving the Pandora stomp to be within the effects loop as I only use it for reverbs, chorus and delays.