Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1472169664' post='3119166']
I'd hang onto that OC-2 if I were you until you have a chance to A/B them! The COG has awesome tracking and a very smooth sub octave that sounds wicked blended, but it can't quite cop that hollow sounding solo octave sound like the Octabvre can.
[/quote]

I have A/B'd them and prefer the COG for my band stuff. I know exactly what you mean but I almost never use the octaves by themselves (I use them together with fuzz, flanger, phaser etc for various parts) and always have some of the direct signal in the mix - the COG seems to work better when stacked with other pedals (YMMV obviously) and of course, it tracks better.

I'll keep the OC2 for messing around with at home and it may make it back onto the board at some point but, for now at least, the COG does what I need better. Plus it's a slightly smaller footprint that two Bosses, so I might even manage to sneak another pedal on there!

There's no doubt the OC2 is great at what it does and it definitely has a unique sound. I don't think I'd ever get rid of it for that reason.

Edited by Johnny Wishbone

[quote name='Johnny Wishbone' timestamp='1472154089' post='3118998']
Been the same for a while now. Nothing too exotic I guess. The two Boss octaves are soon to be replaced by a COG T47.[/quote]

I want/need the COG pedal too. But I want the T-70!!! Go big or go home!

I don't see the point in these massive octavers... There's not enough tonal variation in my T16 for me to want two presets out of it, I'd much rather have 2 smaller and very different sounding octaves on board. The FX loop could be handy but it tracks surprisingly well after other pedals - funnily enough the Diabolik sends the tracking all over the place but it is rock solid placed after a Prunes & Custard!

I have a special one-off gig coming up where I think everyone will be running direct to the PA and am just trying to work out what's going on the board... So far it's looking like:

Polytune Mini -> Octabvre Mini -> Source Audio Manta with hub and Dunlop DVP4 expression pedal -> Corona Mini chorus -> Tone Hammer DI

90% of the time it will be just a P with flats into the Tone Hammer with a bit of overdrive courtesy of the AGS circuit. Then a dash of chorus used in the chorus of one song... and then octave synth / filter used for one track.

Currently trying to decide if the Diamond Compressor I just picked up is going on, but I think I prefer the way the Tone Hammer AGS circuit responds to my P plugged in direct; I could try the comp at the end but then I would need another DI!

[quote name='azfatboy' timestamp='1472243074' post='3119826']
I want/need the COG pedal too. But I want the T-70!!! Go big or go home!
[/quote]
do it!

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1472244465' post='3119844']
I don't see the point in these massive octavers... There's not enough tonal variation in my T16 for me to want two presets out of it, I'd much rather have 2 smaller and very different sounding octaves on board. The FX loop could be handy but it tracks surprisingly well after other pedals - funnily enough the Diabolik sends the tracking all over the place but it is rock solid placed after a Prunes & Custard!

I have a special one-off gig coming up where I think everyone will be running direct to the PA and am just trying to work out what's going on the board... So far it's looking like:

Polytune Mini -> Octabvre Mini -> Source Audio Manta with hub and Dunlop DVP4 expression pedal -> Corona Mini chorus -> Tone Hammer DI

90% of the time it will be just a P with flats into the Tone Hammer with a bit of overdrive courtesy of the AGS circuit. Then a dash of chorus used in the chorus of one song... and then octave synth / filter used for one track.

Currently trying to decide if the Diamond Compressor I just picked up is going on, but I think I prefer the way the Tone Hammer AGS circuit responds to my P plugged in direct; I could try the comp at the end but then I would need another DI!
[/quote]

thing is with the loop, and octave up there are alot of sounds! makes me find ways to get them into tracks as they are so cool.

andy

Work in progress... Just got the Cioks DC5 mounted under a Pedaltrain Metro 24. I have a Pedaltrain PB1 wedge shaped pedal riser incoming to go under the expression pedal to reduce foot strain in the heel down position, then have to connect everything up!

Bass will go straight into the Octabvre followed by the Manta - I want the expression pedal at the end with the Manta next to it, so this should work quite nicely. The Thumpinator and Diamond both alter the tone of the Octabvre if placed before it, so they are placed later in the chain.

Edited by dannybuoy

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1472317224' post='3120341']
Work in progress... Just got the Cioks DC5 mounted under a Pedaltrain Metro 24. I have a Pedaltrain PB1 wedge shaped pedal riser incoming to go under the expression pedal to reduce foot strain in the heel down position, then have to connect everything up!

Bass will go straight into the Octabvre followed by the Manta - I want the expression pedal at the end with the Manta next to it, so this should work quite nicely. The Thumpinator and Diamond both alter the tone of the Octabvre if placed before it, so they are placed later in the chain.

[/quote]

nice man very nice.

Andy

it changed again but the Dod and way huge were to good to be left of!

[URL=http://s245.photobucket.com/user/0175westwood29/media/14138174_10157431663945565_2370601430024124589_o.jpg.html][IMG]http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg72/0175westwood29/14138174_10157431663945565_2370601430024124589_o.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

still wanna try and get the dod bifet 410 on the board aswell!

andy

Here is mine - It took me a long time to decide to buy a pedal board. One thing that helped was I lucky enough to come into some money so I went for a pedaltrain set up, tell you what tho the crazy thing is the pedal board, case n power pack was the most expensive thing of all! Anyway lots of good times with this set up! The octobass gets allot of use! Oh and and I purchased the Envelope filter off a nice chap on here...It went to a good home :)

[b] [url="http://basschat.co.uk/user/21967-rnrdave/"]RnRDave[/url][/b]

Just a shot of all the pedals I have, actually getting a second board going so I can switch thing up and use more of my pedals if I feel like it

[URL=http://s245.photobucket.com/user/0175westwood29/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_2.jpeg.html][IMG]http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg72/0175westwood29/Mobile%20Uploads/image_2.jpeg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote name='azfatboy' timestamp='1473115323' post='3127160']
Wow....

If I had gills, I would be green around them...
[/quote]

thanks man, im really happy with my current crop, did actually think i had more........there are a few more incoming

also in other news i recieved a strymon Ojai power supply today so am looking to get that on my board soon to help with having more isolated supplies with high Ma ratings, and am actually starting to think of grabbing a Zuma to power the main board when its realised.

Andy

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1472945406' post='3125567']
Just a shot of all the pedals I have, actually getting a second board going so I can switch thing up and use more of my pedals if I feel like it

[URL=http://s245.photobucket.com/user/0175westwood29/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_2.jpeg.html][IMG]http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg72/0175westwood29/Mobile%20Uploads/image_2.jpeg[/IMG][/URL]
[/quote]

Insane dude. Do you actually use all of these in your band??

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1473185455' post='3127827']
Ill have to check out your tracks, awesome!
[/quote]

thanks man, cant wait to get back in the studio as theres been a few additions since we recorded like the meatbox, and cicada! amoung others but im still happy with how the bass sounds on our Time to kill ep

Andy

I'm quite new at this, but giving it a good go (on a budget) to get a versatile Royal Blood-ish feel.

Definitely a long way to go. Looking for something to add 5ths to the guitar amp side for powerchords.

[URL=http://s1079.photobucket.com/user/Rupert_Davies/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG2632_zpspxlbkhsh.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w502/Rupert_Davies/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG2632_zpspxlbkhsh.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Edited by Distillerdude

[quote name='Distillerdude' timestamp='1473879653' post='3133863']
I'm quite new at this, but giving it a good go (on a budget) to get a versatile Royal Blood-ish feel.

Definitely a long way to go. Looking for something to add 5ths to the guitar amp side for powerchords.[/quote]

Nice setup. If you want chords, check out the EHX PitchFork. Imo, just as good an octaver as the xxxPOG, but can do exactly what you want too. And since you already have the microPOG, you can just use the PF to add the 5th when you want it. Perfect.

[quote name='azfatboy' timestamp='1473881044' post='3133878']

Nice setup. If you want chords, check out the EHX PitchFork. Imo, just as good an octaver as the xxxPOG, but can do exactly what you want too. And since you already have the microPOG, you can just use the PF to add the 5th when you want it. Perfect.
[/quote]

I recently bought a cheap Chinese pitch shifter / harmonize pedal of eBay.

It was 5h1t.

Don't go cheap - do go with the Pitchfork!