Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

Added a new pedal board to my pedals. ;)

The DIY trays I made were not really up to the job anymore after I bought a Two Notes Le Bass, this thing is big.
I still need to clean up the wiring but that's a low priority at the moment.

Edited by blablas

Heres my new downsized board - everything i need and dead easy to cart about :-)

I also have the same Metro 16 as a home practice board with just a Zoom B1oN multi, DOD Milkbox compressor and a BDi21 - this has aux in/headphone out features but doubles up as a spare gig one too.

[URL=http://s1271.photobucket.com/user/mudpup1/media/Guitars/99227500-7272-4F31-8412-A27489BE214F.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj640/mudpup1/Guitars/99227500-7272-4F31-8412-A27489BE214F.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote name='elephantgrey' timestamp='1484692807' post='3217658']
And here i was thinking how tidy your board looked…
[/quote]
The board looks okay, but underneath the wiring and power supplies are just laying on floor at the moment, those still need need to be attached to the bottom side of the board.

[URL=http://s284.photobucket.com/user/Thinfingers/media/IMG_2591_zpsvfwghmm1.jpg.html][IMG]http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll12/Thinfingers/IMG_2591_zpsvfwghmm1.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

It's taken me forever but got myself a pedaltrain nano+, cioks dc5 and SIS cables and finally put a board together.

Right to left- fake ears, fake ampeg, fake 5 string, fake fretless and fake bootsy.

Not exactly a 'board' yet but a growing number of boxes. I've noticed a hum appearing after the 5th effect was added suggesting that the Power Plant is probably at it's peak. The unique Particle pedal is at the end of the chain but it really need to be near my hands as all the controls sound great if manipulated live. My suspicion is I'll drop the Talking Machine and Particle for electronic gigs and add a looper on the end.

Never been up for effects but I got bored over the holidays :rolleyes:
A look at Spartan Music's clone pedal page ended up with this lot. Strictly for home use and pedal arrangement needs re-doing.
[attachment=236380:Pedal Board.JPG]

Bottom l-r Kobbo Clean Boost,couple of Joyo drive,Joyo chorus/drive and compressor.
Top row r-l Rowin noise gate, Mooer phase & envelople filter,Donner flanger,Mooer octaver and a bloody noisy Rowin EQ.

Ends up through Doc J DI/EQ Drive thingy.

This took 14 months to put together, since I started playing again. It fits inside an old laptop case, and the board is the lid of an olive oil crate (long story).

I have no budget for music, so I've had to buy cheap and when my Beloved wasn't looking.

Anyway, pedals and power cost just £182 in total, which seems cheap, but it's proportionate to my ability!

The plan is to upgrade my bass before I start tinkering with this.  But sometimes it's like an itch you can't scratch 😦

Hers the current permutation. I have a Bass Big Muff and a Crayon Overdrive too. There's a bit of redundancy with the LS2 and the TU3 - losing the latter would give me room for the Muff or another dirt pedal. However, depending on the set, I can either use the LS2 as a blend pedal for the overdrive, to keep more low end or (as here) use it to balance the inputs of my Stingray and Jazz. I only just got the Phase 90 (from the classifieds here). I hadn't clocked that it was the old style knob. I don't know if there [i]is[/i] a difference, but subjectively it does seem a tad less transparent tha n the new one I tried, but seems to offers a slightly slower rate too. Good phaser anyway and it does what I need it for.

[attachment=236408:IMG_0512.JPG]

OK chaps and chapesses, here is my contribution to the noise boards. No dirt involved with this. All about ambientness. Hopefully later this year I'll add an EHX Superego or the new Plus Pedal sustainer due out in June. It is powered by a Pedal Plus 2 and Pedal Plus 4x4. Volume pedal is Ernie Ball VPJR

Edited by BassBus

I've a couple of updates, my Micro-Thumpinator arrived today and I added it. I've bought a new power supply that is hopefully quieter than the old 'brick'. I've now got a flanger, a 36 yr old BF-2. It's sounding good at home, I'll see how it all stacks up Friday evening.

My big board is up and running.
Still not 100% completed; the Polytune is to be moved to another board. An RMI Overdrive is to be attached (when in production - I've preordered one)
next to the RMI Compressor, and a smaller tuner will sit in front of the Lehle volume pedal...

Here is my rechargable board: no tuner to save space. I'll use a TC "pinch" tuner on the bass with this one...

The "old school"-board isn't ready yet; it'll have a new power supply, a Phase 90 and a 3Leaf Audio Proton. And the TC Polytune taken from the big board.
The Bass Clone and PitchBlack+ are for sale...

My 3Leaf Audio Enabler and my Fishman Platinum Pro Eq/DI will work as stand alone units. My Diamond Bass Compressor sits "piggy back velcro'ed" on one of the amps.
Then I pretend to be satisfied...

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1471468920' post='3113341']
jumped back up to the bigger board to give the SS/BS mini a tryout! liking it so far, getting some nice gated, lo-fi tones with the bias turned down :)

[/quote]

I stupidly sold the purple SSBS Mini (above) last year, missed it so much I just got another one (sparkly silver this time!!)

Such a great pedal! Only problem is I sold the Metro 24 board I used to have, and I can't fit 6 pedals on my PT Mini - really need to stop selling things so quickly!

Edited by GazWills

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1486032266' post='3228607']
I stupidly sold the purple SSBS Mini (above) last year, missed it so much I just got another one (sparkly silver this time!!)

Such a great pedal! Only problem is I sold the Metro 24 board I used to have, and I can't fit 6 pedals on my PT Mini - really need to stop selling things so quickly!
[/quote]

Easy fix! Loose the modulation!

Just added a couple of acquisitions a fantastic tech 21 red ripper and my new fave the Cog T16. Very funky sounds indeed and work amazingly well with my 3 Leaf Wonderlove. Ive been pretending to be Gregg Phillinganes all afternoon (and failing lol). Sorry everybody it appears the basic downloader on basschat is Australian 😂

Managed to get a link to this on photobucket,however as ive no Pc I cant port the full pic 😞

http://s1002.photobucket.com/user/leafy_2010/media/DSC_2049.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

Edited by lee650