Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

Pandora PitchBlack PB3
MarkBass MB Octaver
Boss ODB-3 Bass Overdrive
Electro Harmonix Bass Soul Food
MXR M82 Bass Envelope Filter
Boss CEB-3 Bass Chorus
Boss BF-3 Flanger
&
T.C. Electronics RC4 foot remote for RH750 Head

The pandora is brilliant, love it. Nice and bright and very precise.
The things I love about this whole setup is the tracking on the MarkBass octave, perfect for what I need, I never use the 2nd octave down though.
The Boss overdrive does exactly what you expect it to and I love the EHX bass soul food for a grind.
The only criticism of the soul food is that it does cut a bit of the low end when used, which I tend to dial back in with EQ on my bass.
The MRX envelope filter is ideal for me, I'm still playing with it but it gives some great, high quality sounds and I'm still deciding which one I want to keep as my standard go-to sound.
And of course the Boss chorus & flanger do exactly as they say on the tin.
I bought the TC RC4 foot remote purely because I spent so much on the RH750 head I thought I may as well go the whole hog and get it!
It is handy to see mid-song if you're out of tune though...
I do have different EQs set up on the 3 preset, but they're actually used for the compressor on and off (same EQ) and one for the internal tubetone on at approx 50%, which is OK, but not my go-to fuzz / overdrive sound.
It's all powered by the small Diago pedal power supply. I did buy the bigger one second hand on line but when It turned up it was damaged (bare cable) which I've since repaired, but I wasn't amused and I've not been able to return it and get a refund. That's what you get when you take your chances on gumtree rather than basschat.
The smaller power supply powers everything but the bigger one is sitting there as a spare just in case something silly happens and I can swap to that in seconds, it does work, it's just not very pretty.
I've taped the RC4 cable in with the mains as a loom back to the head, splitting up a metre or so before it gets there, I've checked it thoroughly and there' s no buzz (of course now I've typed that, it'll start) and the normal bass signal cables are lose going in and out of the pedal chain.
I can't remember where i got the link jack cables from, it was a while ago but their quality is superb and I'm really impressed by them.
It all sits on a Diago showman pedal board and it seems to do the job for now....[attachment=237780:Pedal Board.JPG]

Edited by bluesparky

NPD today - heading out for a gig in a minute, so just had time to add the Afterlife onto the board before I head out the door!

Very happy with this setup... I see a SSBS Team Awesome Fuzz Machine squeezing on here in a couple of months, will prob upgrade the power supply first, and mount it underneath :)

Edited by GazWills

Wow some of you guys got quite elaborate fx stuff going on.
While I own a LOT of pedals, there's actually just a few I really ever use.

I have the phasers, delays, reverbs, choruses, poly octavers, loopers and all that but I NEVER need them. Just use them at home from time to time when errrr playing with myself so to speak...

Playing mainly covers with the band makes me need moderate and hefty overdrive for some Marilyn Manson stuff, fuzz with a sub octave and the envelope phaser for some Muse stuff. Tremolo, wah and mild overdrive for some Yes stuff. This pedalboard has what I need for the songs we play.

The Cali76cb compressor is always on and makes every bass I have sound better within the mix.

[attachment=237952:fxboard_feb2017.jpg]

Edited by DiMarco

Hi all,

With no gig on Friday, decided to completely tidy up my main board. Added on the Mooer in place of the POG, and the space + tidy up = room for the new MXR Chorus.

Chain is: bypass looper -> MXR Chorus -> Mooer Tender Octaver -> COG Mini 66 -> MXR BEF -> Boss OC-2 -> Boss TU-3W -> Bypass looper.

Personally think this is as good as it gets, in this small space, without using digital multi-fx! Powered by Diago with help from The Gigrig.

Si

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1487431733' post='3239772']
Hi all,

With no gig on Friday, decided to completely tidy up my main board. Added on the Mooer in place of the POG, and the space + tidy up = room for the new MXR Chorus.

Chain is: bypass looper -> MXR Chorus -> Mooer Tender Octaver -> COG Mini 66 -> MXR BEF -> Boss OC-2 -> Boss TU-3W -> Bypass looper.

Personally think this is as good as it gets, in this small space, without using digital multi-fx! Powered by Diago with help from The Gigrig.

Si
[/quote]

Always got a great board mate! I see youve gone back to the OC2 from the TC16. I recently got a T16 instead of an Oc2 based on your demo of the two 😀
Still gassing for an MXR chorus deluxe too.

[quote name='lee650' timestamp='1487449062' post='3239939']

Always got a great board mate! I see youve gone back to the OC2 from the TC16. I recently got a T16 instead of an Oc2 based on your demo of the two 😀
Still gassing for an MXR chorus deluxe too.
[/quote]

I've always had an OC-2 on this board actually, the T-16 is on my larger 'Corybantic' board (which I've redone too, just need to run the power on it).

Si

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1487460152' post='3240038']

I've always had an OC-2 on this board actually, the T-16 is on my larger 'Corybantic' board (which I've redone too, just need to run the power on it).

Si
[/quote]

Ahh I see! I saw an OC2 on here recently as soon as it came on,kicking myself I didnt jump on it 😀 I love my T16 though.

I see a second board being put together 😉

Edited by lee650

Weekend rebuilds complete with my larger board for Corybantic, downsized from a Diago Showman to this Gator Tote. Need to re-cut the power cables as most are too long (from the larger Diago), but ok for now, messy though.

Chain:
COG Knightfall 66 prototype -> Fuzzrocious MOTH -> Boss VB-2 -> Boss PH-3 -> Mr Black Eterna -> Digitech Bass Synth Wah -> COG T-16 -> TC Flashback Mini -> TC Polytune Mini Noir. All powered by Gigrig

[IMG]http://i68.tinypic.com/14kid8l.jpg[/IMG]

Cheers
Si

[URL=http://s420.photobucket.com/user/spongebob_sqaurepants/media/5F9E6DD3-2659-4EF7-9CD6-75E5AB3C8D0B_zpsftenyi3r.jpg.html][IMG]http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp287/spongebob_sqaurepants/5F9E6DD3-2659-4EF7-9CD6-75E5AB3C8D0B_zpsftenyi3r.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Latest. Gives my rhythm octave up to fill out solid, bass dirt and synthy octave

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Jus Lukin' timestamp='1488561414' post='3250097']
What are those little right angled adapters at each end? Are they to make straight jacks less of a liability in the sockets, or to save plugging in and out of the actual pedal so often?
[/quote]

A bit of both.... I have a 18v powered send/return snake with right angled plugs which lives in my gig bag, and two straight cables I use at home for practice.. I use the r/h connectors with the home setup..

Edited by markstuk

[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/goat_punisher/media/16908388_2044309335795979_7722406732135137280_n_zpsocjxryxy.jpg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/goat_punisher/16908388_2044309335795979_7722406732135137280_n_zpsocjxryxy.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
[color=#191919][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]
[size=4]OCD - American Loopers Bypass with Sovtek Tall Font in the loop - TU-2[/size][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#191919][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]
[size=4]Powered by T-rex Chameleon with 3 Monkeys Solderless DC cables and Evidence Audio SIS patch cables[/size][/size][/font][/color]

Probs safe to say things were getting a tad excessive at the jam last night!

[URL=http://s245.photobucket.com/user/0175westwood29/media/17239982_10158415765500565_4198466140551949783_o.jpg.html][IMG]http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg72/0175westwood29/17239982_10158415765500565_4198466140551949783_o.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

should say it is just me and a drummer so i need to make all the none drum sounds! so the board on the stand is a theromin (electro Faustus) going into a synthotron from red witch into a custom 3 oscillator fuzzrocious zuul and Tremorslo. that goes into input 2 of the boss es8 so i can select between bass or theromin! but can also put the theromin through the big board aswell!

andy

After analog boutique effects i went H9 way and now I'm very happy with it. Tons of possibilietes.
I'm showing it because I think its a very good option not too big ,good sounding and I can recommend it.
This pic is with my home practice amp i travel with this Pedalboard a lot.Use it with EBS Fafner II and GK amps but with big cabs rig and it works great.
For analog I can always plug my modular gear..:)

I have also gone the H9 route! Great as an octave, chorus, phaser etc, plus lots of weird and wonderful harmoniser effects for general messing about with! These pedals are all powered by the Cioks DC5 - which fits neatly under the pedaltrain metro 16 board. I did try a cheapo power supply, which hummed and went back. I also didn't want a power supply that needed its own transformer!

[url="http://s1262.photobucket.com/user/Phil_Crombie/media/20170313_092621_zpsqvfkqemm.jpg.html"][/url]

[url="http://s1262.photobucket.com/user/Phil_Crombie/media/20170313_092649_zpsy84baybo.jpg.html"][/url]

Edited by Phil C

I use Ciocks Power Factor...
Cioks is the best IMHO..i have owned G-lab,Yankee,Vodooo...
Power Factor works flawlessly..built like a tank...

If anyone needs MIDI control one word....KeithMcmillen....
tons of possibilieties for me for H9 is a must have.
I have owned G-Lab GSC4 , even GSC5 with add-ons but
for weight versatility, ease of programming ...KeithMcmillen...

Edited by metallum