Why become a member? ×

Gotoh Res-o-lite or Hipshot Ultralite

only4

A simple request, or so i thought.
I'm after a set of Gotoh Res-o-lite GB350 machine heads (2 either side config in chrome) to replace the cheap "Gotohlikes" that are fitted to a bass i have just bought, the bass suffers from a little neck dive and i thought this would be an improvement,
The only problem is that i can't find anybody that has stock in the UK, a few places i have tried can order them for me but the delivery time is 4 to 6 weeks.
Hipshot Ultralite 3/8" post is an option and they seem to be available but i'm not sure if they are as good.

What are your thoughts?

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Update, I managed to acquire some res-o-lite machine heads to make the swap and I'm really impressed.
They are significantly lighter than Hipshot ultra lights, feel extremely sturdy and smooth in use.
My initial feeling is that they are a little more refined than the ultra lights.

The overall look and feel of the castings/parts and a couple of design differences like the amount and quality of the thread that goes through the headstock, to me make a difference (I'm a mechanical engineer) which can be a curse when looking at and using this kind of thing ;-)