Why become a member? ×

Hello from Silchester!

LegateNaarifin

Hello everyone!

I started playing bass last Christmas (benefits of being a "kid" is that you sometimes get big presents :lol: ), I had been playing guitar on and off since I was 13 (I'm now 17), but eventually saw the error of my ways and converted.

As of this moment, I own three basses (after playing for 6-7 months :D ), an Encore P-bass, a Wesley piece of shaffordable, and my baby, a Marcus Miller M3. I've got a Laney RB8 combo (recently posted a topic on getting an extension cabinet for it), and a decent-sized pedal board (5 pedals, 6 by this Friday).

It was Chris Wolstenholme of Muse that got me into bass, the lines he plays absolutely blew me away, and now I've got a real weakness for a distorted bass tone.

I'm self taught, so I'm always perusing for tips on technique, as well as setup/rig ideas, and most recently, pedal reviews (I'm only slightly addicted, I promise ;) ).

Hopefully my youth and misty eyes can bring something to the forums? Glad to be a member, anyway!

- Kieron