Why become a member? ×

Stage Clothing, where from?

charic

All my stage clobber is to be found in my wardrobe . :)

My current band don't really do image as such. You'd be hard pressed to distinguish them from someone who was on the weekly supermarket shop. :-/

I on the other hand have exceptional taste and dress accordingly. Unless it's a band with a unique dress image, most stuff is readily available on the high st, markets, online etc

Edited by Marvin

[quote name='paul h' timestamp='1469700102' post='3100380']
That's the creepiest selection of clothes I have ever seen.
[/quote]

And the most baffling... "sexy" clown, anyone? http://www.aliexpress.com/item/sexy-men-costume/852637645.html?spm=2114.40010208.4.101.e8IbNw

My latest stage shirt came from here:
[url="https://www.voidclothing.net/"]https://www.voidclothing.net/[/url]
Also had some shocking jeans from the likes of Run & Fly brand via Amazon. Shocking as in really shouldnt be worn by someone my build & age ;)

Edited by KevB

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1469698721' post='3100362']
Oasis market, Birmingham.
[/quote]

I loved that place when it was red, yellow and black.

Back in the late 80s/early 90s, each month, I used to pop over to Brum (from Cov) and spend a small fortune in Oasis, Swordfish, Tempest, the record shop that was in a subway near the city hall and the one towards Aston Uni...

[quote name='Trueno' timestamp='1469703944' post='3100429']
All of the above is good advice. Whatever the band's image you should be able to find stuff from high street, markets, charity shops.
[/quote]

It's a bit more difficult when you're going for a post-apocalyptic style vibe but we're probably going to buy as close as we can and then alter them :)

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1469704194' post='3100436']
It's a bit more difficult when you're going for a post-apocalyptic style vibe but we're probably going to buy as close as we can and then alter them :)
[/quote]

Ah, you'll be looking at the "road-worn" series of clothing then...

If you are looking for 'rock' clothes...and your budget will stretch then I recommend Wornstar in the US. You can get their kit in the UK, but none of the one-off gear they do, and its bloody expensive too.

I've had a denim jacket modified by Tina (Custom Creations by Tina)...see the link below...she is ace. She aged it, fitted the patches I sourced, replaced panels with leather and camo material...proper rock idiot stuff!

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=custom%20creations%20by%20tina

There are loads of places online that will do custom stagewear. It all depends on budget and timeframe.

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1469704194' post='3100436']

[/quote]

Pair of scissors, needle and thread, scraps of leather, material, cogs, padlocks, chains... the world's yer lobster.

I wouldn't recommend playing the fireman's ball when you're sporting thr full "leather 'n' chains" look, though... got the **** taken out of us good and proper.

We don't care where it comes from, so long as it's crazed...
Here's the Weeds complete with Sister Bez - 2nd guitarist has a Bishop's dog collar:

The cardinal and Pope outfits were left over from a Utah Saints gig from when our drummer was with them - came from a theatrical outfitters.

It used to be worse... This is a band I was in from about 1989:

Wedding dress was about £3 from Oxfam - went beautifully with a black 2" stripe from hairline to chin!

Edited by Leonard Smalls