Why become a member? ×

Stage Clothing, where from?

charic

Charity shops , Joe browns and I have a couple of sh*teShirts , they are quite horrible , the worst part is the logo on the front though
[url="https://www.sh*teshirts.com/products/sh*teshirts"]https://www.sh*teshirts.com/products/sh*teshirts[/url]

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1469747612' post='3100876']
Ah yes, that record shop was brilliant. Was it called Plastic Fantastic? Something like that anyway. It was there when I first started working at Aston Uni (2003), but alas closed shortly thereafter. :-(
[/quote]

Not Reddingtons Rare Records?

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1469701710' post='3100401']
My latest stage shirt came from here:
[url="https://www.voidclothing.net/"]https://www.voidclothing.net/[/url]
Also had some shocking jeans from the likes of Run & Fly brand via Amazon. Shocking as in really shouldnt be worn by someone my build & age ;)
[/quote]

I've seen the black and white striped ones, and I'm still recovering! :-)

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1469899583' post='3101913']
I've seen the black and white striped ones, and I'm still recovering! :-)
[/quote]

Guilty as charged, taken earlier this evening (OK technically last night now)
[URL=http://s30.photobucket.com/user/KevB64/media/salutation_zpsemfdhavx.jpg.html][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c307/KevB64/salutation_zpsemfdhavx.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

• 1 month later...

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1469899486' post='3101911']
Don't think so...I'm sure the word 'plastic' was in there somewhere.
[/quote]

Plastic Factory. I spent a fortune in there on REM/Church/Paisley Underground stuff there in the late 80's/90's...

[b]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]“The Monks of Cool, whose tiny and exclusive monastery is hidden in a really cool and laid-back valley in the lower Ramtops, have a passing-out test for a novice. He is taken into a room full of all types of clothing and asked: Yo, my son, which of these is the most stylish thing to wear? And the correct answer is: Hey, whatever I select.”[/size][/font][/b]

• 4 months later...

Thought I would bump this thread -

Tonight I auditioned for a band looking for a bass player. Audiiton went well and they asked me to join there and then. Tight band with some catchy tunes - but they have a gimmick. On stage they wear jodhpurs and riding boots.

Okay, some bands like to stand out from the crowd but is this necessary?! Could be a double denim onesie so I guess it's not that bad...

[quote name='LayDownThaFunk' timestamp='1486597449' post='3233233']

Tonight I auditioned for a band looking for a bass player. Audiiton went well and they asked me to join there and then. Tight band with some catchy tunes - but they have a gimmick. On stage they wear jodhpurs and riding boots.

Okay, some bands like to stand out from the crowd but is this necessary?! Could be a double denim onesie so I guess it's not that bad...
[/quote]
No chaps?

[quote name='LayDownThaFunk' timestamp='1486597449' post='3233233']

[/quote]

If they say so then yes. Unfortunately IME musicians who can't get into the non-musical spirit of the band never really fit in and generally don'y last long.

Problem with most stage gear now is it's cut for rail thin twenty somethings. Manufacturers should spare a thought for us middle aged fat bastards slogging round the pubs on a weekend. What do you mean 'diet'? ;) It's just their way of saying 'retire you sad git' I guess.

• Haha 1

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1486651893' post='3233549']
Problem with most stage gear now is it's cut for rail thin twenty somethings. Manufacturers should spare a thought for us middle aged fat bastards slogging round the pubs on a weekend. What do you mean 'diet'? ;) It's just their way of saying 'retire you sad git' I guess.
[/quote]

Totally this. I went jeans shopping in Primark and H&M the other day. Who am I kidding? 😂

• 1 year later...
15 minutes ago, The59Sound said:

Is it still a cliche for musicians to wear all black on stage? Just bought some new black jeans for gigs and am slightly worried... 

nah you're ok, blokes who like they just stepped out of the sitting room on stage look rubbish, black is a "safe space" :biggrin:

I'm amazed by this post. In all my yeas of playing, I've only ever had time to change my shirt once from the clothes I arrived in. By the time the PA is lugged there, set up and everything sound checked, there's only a few minutes before we go on. All the others are shining like new pins and I'm the scruffy silly billy with jeans and a black shirt on!

• Like 1