Why become a member? ×

A long, improvised ambient solo bass track.

ambient

One of a few pieces recorded recently.

It's al just my Roscoe 6 string fretless bass.

Recorded/improvised in one take.

[url="https://soundcloud.com/an-ending-ascend/0220072016a-1"]https://soundcloud.com/an-ending-ascend/0220072016a-1[/url]

I love giant soundscapes like this , very very clever use of instruments and techniques, the only minus comment i would make is its a little quiet on laptop speakers and headphones connected to it, and as we know a lot of people listen on portable units now, i do realise it builds, and it keeps the ears interested throughout, great job !! martin

[quote name='nashmonster' timestamp='1470057808' post='3102945']
I love giant soundscapes like this , very very clever use of instruments and techniques, the only minus comment i would make is its a little quiet on laptop speakers and headphones connected to it, and as we know a lot of people listen on portable units now, i do realise it builds, and it keeps the ears interested throughout, great job !! martin
[/quote]

Hi

Thanks for taking the time to listen, it's much appreciated.

I find it's a very fine line between being too quiet and being just right. It's a bit awkward, I know how I intend people to listen to my music, but I'm well aware of how people actually do listen to it.

I find that if I have it too loud, then it loses its intimacy when played back through speakers or monitors.

Thanks again for listening though 😊.