Why become a member? ×

Upgraded 1983 JV Squier Precision Bass (Sold)
£650

paulie

Up for sale is a stunning early 80's JV Precision Bass.
These are the famous early generation Squires that came out of Japan. Discontinued as their quality was superior to the US made versions but at a lesser price. They essentially created serious competition for US Fenders.
Now very sought after on the used market.

JV stands for Japanese Vintage and this one was modelled on either a 57 or 59 P bass, but I stand to be corrected. Nut width is 1.68

Bass is in great condition for its age. Light playing wear. Frets are perfect, low action and now wolf notes or fret buzz.
Neck is slim and fast and rosewood board is very dark. Pick guard has that aged mint, cream colour to it.

The bass is not original however. The differences are:

It was refinished many years ago by the original owner. The refinish was done by a luthier using period correct du pont paint.
At some point a bridge J pickup was installed. It was again removed and the route was filled back in. This occurred before the refinish but you can still make out the outline of the old bridge pickup if you look close. No other routing was done for this however so under the pick guard is all original etc.
The Squires used cheaper pickups and pots so I replaced the pickups with Lindy Fralins and the pots with proper Fender US pots.
I also had the full control cavity shielded by a luthier with copper foil.

Weight is approx 9.5lbs, very comfy and well balanced.
Sounds amazing and is hands down the best P Bass Ive owned.

Im selling as I just prefer the sound of a jazz bass and tend to gig those all the time.

Trade Options: Geddy Lee Japanese, US Jazz Bass, Lakland Skyline Jazz, Roadworn Jazz

[attachment=224569:IMG_2019.jpg]

[attachment=224570:IMG_2020.jpg]

[attachment=224571:IMG_2021.jpg]

[attachment=224572:IMG_2022.jpg]

[attachment=224573:IMG_2023.jpg]

Edited by paulie

• 2 weeks later...