Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn - Maruszczyk Medium Scale Jake 4 - Lightest Precision Ever!?! Possible Trade?
£600

benebass

Hi All - I'm reluctantly putting my beautiful Maruszczyk Jake up for sale. There's loads on the forum about how great these basses are & this one's no exception. It's a one off medium (32") scale build with a chambered body & weighs only 3kg (6.6lb) - probably the lightest Precision ever!

The spec is: -

Jake 4p - Chambered, 32” medium scale
Body Wood - Alder with lightly flamed maple top and back
Neck - Maple with Rosewood fingerboard, 10” radius, 2.64/1.20mm fretwire (medium jumbo), 40mm nut width. White 3mm dots in front, matte finish, Mr. Tee (Telecaster style) headstock, 'slim C' profile (21mm at first fret, 24mm at twelfth feet)
Pickups - Haussel P with passive volume & tone
Hardware - Hipshot Vintage Bridge & Ultralite Tuners (supplied by me)
Colour - Redburst (red with black border) gloss

Here's the sofa shot as supplied by Adrian Maruszczyk: -

[attachment=224764:JakeBass.jpg]

No problem doing more photos if you want some :)

I also found a video of Adrian playing it to demonstrate the Haussel pickup. It's strung with Status 100s in the video (supplied by me), but I have since restrung it with Thomastik flats, which makes it sound even better! I'll throw in an unused set of Status 40-100 flats into the deal too.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9YM7yg7Veo[/media]

It's an absolute peach of a bass & has had home use only - virtually as new condition & still has the plastic on the scratchplate! I'm only selling it as I'm more happy with a shorter scale bass these days.

The list price on this was 1100 euro (currently £924 according to Google), so I'm looking for £550 posted with the original gig bag, or a trade for a short scale bass with cash either way for the right instrument. I live in Newcastle upon Tyne.

Cheers,

B. :)

Edited by benebass

[quote name='Sumbabba' timestamp='1470225905' post='3104224']
Lovely looking and sounding bass! Is the body smaller than a Fender P?
[/quote]

Cheers! It's pretty much a full size body, but as it's chambered it doesn't feel big.

Had a bit of interest in this & it's currently on hold for someone. Will update with news when I have it.

Cheers,

[quote name='Sumbabba' timestamp='1470266640' post='3104700']
Don't suppose the buyer's in London? Never tried a medium scale bass, wouldn't mind having a go on it with maybe a view to ordering my own. Love that headstock shape!
[/quote]

It's lovely, isn't it!?! Don't have full buyer details yet, but Wunjo's in Denmark Street & the Gallery had some medium scales in from other brands last time I looked online. There's also a big thread on here with some Maruszczyk mediums mentioned - might be worth asking there too... :)

[quote name='shemeckfrac' timestamp='1470320384' post='3105100']
assume its not gone yet?
[/quote]

Not yet - someone asked if I could put it on hold for a couple of days, so I'll update the thread when things move on.

Cheers,

Benedict :)

Just restrung this with some medium scale Thomastik flats I forgot I had & it sounds great! I'll do it with the Thomastiks on & a new set of the Status 40-100 flats like it had on in the video (another find today!) for £600 posted.

Cheers,

Edited by benebass