Why become a member? ×

***SOLD*** Nordstrand Big Single Bridge Pickup - Bartolini Size
£50

I only bought this pickup up two weeks ago to go in my Lull PJ4, but have since installed a Lindy Fralin P Bass pickup in the neck position and they don't match up well (though luckily the Nordstrand Dual Coil that I had before this Big Single does match up very well with the Fralin and sounds great).

This one matched up beautifully with the Nordstrand NP4 P Bass pickup that was installed before, and gave me the extra trebles and bite that I was looking for. But as I've been a huge Fralin fan for a long time I seriously doubt I'll ever put the Nordstrand P Bass pickup back in again as I feel back at home again with the Fralin (in case you're wondering, the Nordstrand is a fantastic pickup for a modern and tight Precision tone).

Anyway, 2 weeks old and hardly used. Bargain for replacing another soap bar pickup or replacing a Dual Coil.

Bartoloni DC size - 101mm X 32.3mm

From the Nordstrand site...

single coil 4/5/6 string bass pickups

these pickups are all about huge, full, loud, aggressive single coil tone. they use the same magnet layout as the fat stack, and the resultantly big coil is about as much single coil pickup that can be packaged in a soap-bar cover. this is the ultimate pickup for the jazz bass®-on-steroids tone purist! these pickups will fit as replacements for bartolini™ p2 (5 string) and bc (4 string) pickups. dimensions are 4.25″ by 1.25″ and 3.95″ by 1.25″ respectively. standard spacing is 19mm ctc at the bridge

Edited by Chiliwailer

• 3 weeks later...