Why become a member? ×

Awesome customer support from D'addario Orchestral

Jimryan

Morning all,

As some may have seen, I've been in a pickle rcently over strings. Starting on Rotosound found they lacked in the arco department. Then tried helicore mediums and they were unplayable, I thought I'd remedied this with helicore lights but to no avail. From there I was torn between the D'addario Zyex and the Evah Pirazzi Weich. After a bit of reading on here and talkbass, opted for the Evahs. However, whilst deciding between the Evah and Zyex, I messaged D'addario Orchestral for some advice on The Zyex regarding the differences between them and helicores, tension comparisons and tone. Over the past few days, I've had messages going back and forth with D'addario mainly asking what I'm after, what I primarily, what I've tried, loads of questions to find out whether the Zyex are what I'm looking for basically. Anyway, we concluded that I'd like to try them and their representative that's been answering my queries recommended I try them as she believed that they're the perfect string I'm looking for. All what you'd expect from a customer service/help and support page right? It's the next bit that threw me off. One of the last messages I received was "would you like me to send you set to sample in exchange for feedback?" Errrr yes please. Couldn't believe it. In my head I kept saying I'll try them once I've had enough of the Evahs and can afford another set of strings, but that's not a concern anymore. Genuinely can't wait to try them now (especially where I've a lot of gigs coming up).

Credit where credit is due to D'addario, the representative was extremely helpful and the sting set really is going above and beyond. Whilst I've been waiting for them to arrive I've been looking at the rest of the D'addario range and I'm considering trying them for electric bass stings and possibly moving over from Rotosound.

Cheers,

James