Why become a member? ×

New 2x10 cab under £350?

Funky Dunky

TC K210 would be top of my list at that price. Or, phone round and see who will do you the best deal on a Markbass 102p and see if you can get nearer to budget. I really like those cabs, they can take a serious amount and really kick for such a small box. Great little rig with a LM3.

Save another £30 and do it properly :D :D 4 ohm version to get the most out of a head.
https://www.andertons.co.uk/p/TRV102P4OHM/bass-cabs/markbass-trv-102-p-4-ohm-traveller-bass-cabinet?LGWCODE=TRV102P4OHM;56375;6335&gclid=COC8-I_Mss4CFRaeGwodmnUGvg

[quote name='Funky Dunky' timestamp='1470759813' post='3108254']
I'm going new simply so I can put a head and cab package together and pay it up monthly. I don't have a great amount of disposable income but I have a steady wage. Nosey parker. :P
[/quote]

GREAT answer, suck that one up Kert :lol: :lol:

[quote name='Funky Dunky' timestamp='1470764519' post='3108289']
Oh God no, I didn't mean it like that! I said "nosey parker" as a punctuation, most definitely not an insult. I'm 39 and kinda poor. I'm not proud of it. I have no wish to be cheeky to anyone on the forum!
[/quote]

And he won't have taken it as an insult. He will have chuckled :P

• 2 weeks later...

May not need to buy new to get it on instalments. If you buy used from someone/somewhere where you can use PayPal, you can put it on your plastic and pay it off monthly.

A couple of decent looking TC2x10s on Fleabay at the moment.

Edited by Dan Dare

^^^ I wonder where that's going...

Any particular reason why you are particularly interested in buying new? 2nd hand will give you so many other options, and a second hand cab at least has its speaker properly broken in ;)

[quote name='Funky Dunky' timestamp='1470764519' post='3108289']
Oh God no, I didn't mean it like that! I said "nosey parker" as a punctuation, most definitely not an insult. I'm 39 and kinda poor. I'm not proud of it. I have no wish to be cheeky to anyone on the forum!
[/quote][quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1470824207' post='3108702']
And he won't have taken it as an insult. He will have chuckled :P
[/quote]

I did. And to be fair i have been called a lot worse than nosey parker. . . .This morning. . . .. By my wife. :lol:

Edited by FuNkShUi

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1471560014' post='3114092']
^^^ I wonder where that's going...

Any particular reason why you are particularly interested in buying new? 2nd hand will give you so many other options, and a second hand cab at least has its speaker properly broken in ;)
[/quote]

^^ That is basically what i was originally trying to ask before i got barraged with abuse :P

Edited by FuNkShUi

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1471560014' post='3114092']^^^ I wonder where that's going...[/quote]

Imagine a car forum where someone says "I want a 2.0l saloon car to replace my 1.2l hatchback". Should you list a load of potential 2.0l cars or should you point out that you can get more power and more economy out of a modern direct injection turbocharged 1.4l engine, and more space/practicality from a compact MPV, to help the buyer make a better informed decision?

[quote name='alexclaber' timestamp='1471598627' post='3114289']

Imagine a car forum where someone says "I want a 2.0l saloon car to replace my 1.2l hatchback". Should you list a load of potential 2.0l cars or should you point out that you can get more power and more economy out of a modern direct injection turbocharged 1.4l engine, and more space/practicality from a compact MPV, to help the buyer make a better informed decision?
[/quote]

I agree fully with this.

[quote name='alexclaber' timestamp='1471598627' post='3114289']
[/quote]

Depends on whether you make 2.0l guzzlers or 1.4l "modern" cars :-)

If the OP likes the MB sound then the MB cab sounds like the ideal solution & is close enough price wise.