Why become a member? ×

Hi from Surrey

nosnowking

Greetings and salutations from sunny Walton on Thames!

My name's Chris. I started playing about 25 years ago, although there was a solid 10 year period when I never picked up a bass, and it's only in the last couple of years I've started playing and gigging again. God-damn my fingers got slow over that time :lol:

I'm in a covers band, we gig about once a month, half pub-gigs, half private parties and weddings etc. Mostly modern rock with a few classics thrown in (think Absolute Radio playlist...)

I've owned many basses over the years...some that looked like beautiful coffee-tables, some that looked like a cheap bit of MDF from Ikea! Currently playing a 1992 Stingray and I think I finally found a bass that I want to hold on to! Helped by the fact that 1). I'm into most things rock/grunge from the 90's and 2). I know it's a cliche, but I still love Flea's playing after all these years (when he's not doing all that slap malarkey :lol: ) [size=1]Still can't believe he defected to Fender...Bloody traitor! [/size] :P

Aside from bass playing, my hobbies include riding motorcycles and being skint. Usually due to spending all my wages on guitars or bike exhausts.

Aaaanyway...Nice to virtually meet you all on the forum.

Edited by nosnowking

Welcome to Basschat Chris. Dive in and enjoy the fun. We're just up the river in Staines so know Walton well. Used to do the function band thing too but now mostly doing my playing in the worship band in the new church in Walton (just opposite the railway station in the old Jaguar showroom).

There are a few BCers in the area so let us know when your next gig is coming up, maybe we can have an informal bass hang!!!!

Oh, and bookmark Saturday 25th for the 10th Annual SE Basschat Bass Bash over in Addlestone. Going to be a great day and a good chance to say "Hi" to othe BCers in person...

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/283248-south-east-bass-bash-no10-surrey-saturday-24th-september-2016/

Edited by TrevorR

Nice to see lots of people in the Surrey area :D

[quote name='Bobthedog' timestamp='1471000677' post='3109886']
Hey Chris and welcome to BC. You will know me from another (now defunct) place as Baloo! ;-).
[/quote]

Wow, I forgot you played bass Bobthedog. Nice to see/meet (whatever it is on a forum) you again

[quote name='SpondonBassed' timestamp='1471007881' post='3109957']
Welcome Chris,

Lots of 'bikers and ex-'bikers here. You'll likely enjoy it. Watcha riding at the moment?
[/quote]

Riding a very slow and squishy Yamaha 660 Tenere. The OH has an SV650 which I somtimes "borrow" if I want a ride that has slightly sharper handling than a wet sponge!

[quote name='nosnowking' timestamp='1471080811' post='3110372']
Wow, I forgot you played bass Bobthedog. Nice to see/meet (whatever it is on a forum) you again
[/quote]

I prefer to think of myself as a man who owns some bass equipment! Anyhoo, you should fit in well here, a great place for technical info or just hooning about with a good sense of humour!