Why become a member? ×

Mesa Boogie 1516B Cab - 1x15", 1 x 10", 2 x 6" and Tweeter - Sale Pending
£450

bagsieblue

[b]Collection only and no trades thanks.[/b]

[color=#000000][/color]

[color=#000000][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]Absolutely brilliant cab, one 15", one 10", two 6" speakers with adjustable tweeter.[/size][/font][/color][/color]

[color=#000000][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]Why am I selling - its too big for me to move around easily in my saloon car..[/size][/font][/color][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]Used this at an outdoor festival last week - sounded huge because it is huge.[/color][/font]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Good condition, considering age and use[/font][/color]
I believe its the original 80s version as it has the single input and switch for horn (off/low/high).
This is not the later Bi ampable version.

Bad bits:
Small crack/ tear in one of the 6" Drivers, pic below
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Some scuffing to the covering, but nothing major.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Can send more pics, details to anyone interested. [/font][/color]

[color=#000000]Come and try it, I'm in Chorley Lancs.[/color]

[color=#000000]Great cab, very musical, I've found it will fill any room.[/color]

[color=#000000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828][size=4][b]Now[s] £350[/s][/b][/size][/color][/font][/color]

Edited by bagsieblue

Always wanted one of these but I don't gig enough to even vaguely try to convince myself that I really, really need one!

Don't think I could lift it either as I'm far too puny and unfit..

But I know it would just sound so, so good.

Anyway, have a BUMP on me and GLWTS. :)

[quote name='andytoad' timestamp='1471199365' post='3111215']
Love the thought of giving this a try, dare I ask, what does it weigh?? Is it 4 ohm?
[/quote]

Yes - 4ohm, 450w - weight, as a estimate from my lifting it into and onto the back seat (singlehandedly) of the car (and from googling around) is 40-45Kg.

[quote name='bagsieblue' timestamp='1471200127' post='3111226']

Yes - 4ohm, 450w - weight, as a estimate from my lifting it into and onto the back seat (singlehandedly) of the car (and from googling around) is 40-45Kg.
[/quote]

Mine was quite a lot heavier :)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='bagsieblue' timestamp='1471942535' post='3117071']
BUMP - update - will consider a MarkBass Cab in part exchange.
[/quote]

Swapping a Ferrari for a tadpole :)

These can be couriered, and surprisingly cheaply. Having said that, the courier in question - think of a type of package and one of man's closest relatives - lost one of mine for close to two months. It was found in the back of one of its vans in, IIRC, Suffolk :)

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1471943707' post='3117086']
Swapping a Ferrari for a tadpole :)

These can be couriered, and surprisingly cheaply. Having said that, the courier in question - think of a type of package and one of man's closest relatives - lost one of mine for close to two months. It was found in the back of one of its vans in, IIRC, Suffolk :)
[/quote]

Yeah - great cab, took it in the deal for an Ibanez bass, based on the glowing reports.
The best cab I've ever had but completely impractical for my saloon car.

[quote name='bagsieblue' timestamp='1471944703' post='3117103']
Yeah - great cab, took it in the deal for an Ibanez bass, based on the glowing reports.
The best cab I've ever had but completely impractical for my saloon car.
[/quote]

Time for a new car :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

At tis price, anyone out there who has the space and the lumbar spine for one of these should try it. You haven't heard the true sound of a bass until you've played it through a good tube head and one of these cabs. I really wish I still had the need for one.

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1489328486' post='3256045']

Time to man up Nik :)
[/quote]

That's really funny Chris, and so true!

I bought a lightweight cab recently from Gareth (nice cab) , but I really feel I've let myself down as a self-appointed part-time ambassador of all things retro, Luddite and bad for you back... like ludicrously overweight cabs for example that are too big for the gigs I do , but which look and sound amazing!

Truth is, much as I would love to own this cab, I hardly use anything else these days since you sold me the Ampeg V4BH head and Classic 115 cab a couple of years ago. I bought the matching 210 for it as well, and all together, it makes for a beautiful sounding rig that works in whatever musical setting I use it..

Anyway, back on topic, I'm sure this cab will make its next owner very happy and GLWTS! :)