Why become a member? ×

Amp to pair with Barefaced One 10 - SORTED - see post on 21st August

Delberthot

Received my MB200 today and it's hard to imagine how this teeny thing is going to be loud enough.

Alex said last week that my cab would be ready to ship out either yesterday or today so I'm hoping that I am going to receive an email tomorrow saying that it's on its way

I have a couple of weeks before our next gig so plenty of time to play about with it first.

Edited by Delberthot

[quote name='Delberthot' timestamp='1471380568' post='3112726']
Received my MB200 today and it's hard to imagine how this teeny thing is going to be loud enough.

Alex said last week that my cab would be ready to ship out either yesterday or today so I'm hoping that I am going to receive an email tomorrow saying that it's on its way

I have a couple of weeks before our next gig so plenty of time to play about with it first.
[/quote]

I bought my MB200 purely as an emergency back-up. When it arrived I tried it with my Super Midget and was amazed at the volume and low end. I backed off the bass right away. I gigged it with the SM and it coped easily in a small pub.

It seems fairly loud with my one10 as well.

I hope it works out for you.

Frank.

[quote name='tonewheels' timestamp='1471297777' post='3112001']
No brainer. Use the weight you saved on the cab an invest it on the amp. My rig:

[url="https://flic.kr/p/zobkB5"][/url]
[/quote]

Would this not actually compromise the cab structural integrity? Not saying there weak but they are built to be light weight.

[quote name='Twincam' timestamp='1471388928' post='3112791']
Would this not actually compromise the cab structural integrity? Not saying there weak but they are built to be light weight.
[/quote]

I dunno. I'm heavier than that amp and I sit on my one10 without it collapsing. ;)

Frank.

[quote name='machinehead' timestamp='1471389298' post='3112794']

I dunno. I'm heavier than that amp and I sit on my one10 without it collapsing. ;)

Frank.
[/quote]

No I wouldn't think it would. But over time? I'm not sure it would be wise. But I'm really only theorising. I'm just thinking of the lighter build, not in quality or design I just mean in the cabs wall thickness than say a old trace or peavey cab.

[quote name='Twincam' timestamp='1471389691' post='3112797']
No I wouldn't think it would. But over time? I'm not sure it would be wise. But I'm really only theorising. I'm just thinking of the lighter build, not in quality or design I just mean in the cabs wall thickness than say a old trace or peavey cab.
[/quote]

We often use unfinished One10 cabs as handy steps in the factory. I've yet to come across an amp that weighs more than me!

Literally all you're going to get here is a collection of members suggesting the amp that they use, or at best, what they think sounds good with the cab (obviously completely subjective)
Try a few, buy them second hand, sell at no/little loss if you're not keen, and pick the one that sounds best to you.

But to stick with convention, I use either a Markbass LMK2 or LMK800 with my Barefaced cabs and they sound great. Now ignore me and go try some amps :)

Si

[quote name='k50' timestamp='1471623527' post='3114599']
I'll be trying out my one 10, which has just arrived, with an EBS Reidmar 750 tonight ! Quite excited !
[/quote]

I have an EBS Reidmar 750 as well as a GK MB200 but the EBS is too wide to sit on the one10 and that would annoy me - to the extent that I would prefer to just buy a GK MB500 or MB800 just because there wouldn't be any overhang. I find amp overhang hard to deal with. :rolleyes:

Frank.

Edited by machinehead

I have the cab on it's side , perfect fit . Unlike the big rig , which has horrific overhang ! Might have to change to three of the current BB's stacked on their sides :ph34r:

[url="http://s1146.photobucket.com/user/overwater1/media/IMAG1056_BURST002_COVER.jpg.html"][/url]

[url="http://s1146.photobucket.com/user/overwater1/media/IMAG1066.jpg.html"][/url]

Edited by k50

[quote name='machinehead' timestamp='1471727918' post='3115450']
How did it go? Are they a good match?

Frank.
[/quote]

Just finished the second gig , sounds great to me . Obviously it's not fair to compare them to my big rig , but they still sound very impressive without making several trips to the van !!
DI post eq , very happy with that sound. The one 10 is on a combo stand angled up towards me, behind the FOH , the EBS sitting on top , brilliant mid range clarity which is just what i need !

Roger

Edited by k50

My new amp and cab arrived at the end of last week but today is the first chance I've had to try them out

[url="http://s927.photobucket.com/user/Delberthot/media/14089238_186834378388756_330157803568661876_n_zpsouj6rnhg.jpg.html"][/url]

The velcro around the head and cab looked better in my head than it does in practice so I might think about another way to permanently attach the two together

Sound wise it is incredible. I had to flick the -10dB button as the Sterling was overdriving the preamp but there's still plenty of volume on tap for gigs.

Edited by Delberthot