Why become a member? ×

*WITHDRAWN* MIJ Fretless P Bass
£350

timmchale2009

Hi All

I've got a rather beautiful Maya Fretless P Bass (£325 O.N.O.)

The fretless was once property of John aka oldslapper of this here parish! It came to me in fine fettle however I decided I wanted to make it a bit more me.

John already had a nice wiring loom installed, KiOgon also of this here parish I believe and I decided to have Matt Bascetta of House of Tone pickups customer wire me a pickup better suited to fretless. I also had Matt set the bass up, file the string channels on the nut down to play a little smoother with heavier flatwound strings, I also had him install all the gold hardware that you can see on it... It's a significant improvement on what was stock on there and I think it suits the era of the bass much better, however I have kept all the original parts, so if you so desire to put it back to how it was, you can.

I'm sure John will echo my enthusiasm for just how good this bass really is. As you can see it's a maple boarded fretless neck, finished in a 3 tone sunburst and it's a solid wood body, I'm not sure what the wood is (maybe John can enlighten us?). Of course as this bass is older than me, I believe MIJ late 70's, it's picked up a few dings and scrapes along the way, however nothing that effects playability or overall sound. I have tried to include these in the pictures below. Weight... light... exact weight I haven't got scales and nor do I currently have access to any at present so please bare with me.

For the benefit of those who are looking at this on mobile... I am based in Saltney just outside of Chester.

I would prefer to transact face to face just to ensure all are happy... However, I am happy to arrange a courier at no additional cost to you!

I am always open to negotiate on these things, so please don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards

Tim

Edited by timmchale2009

• 2 weeks later...

Terrific bass this, light and easy to play. Can't imagine how good it is now with the mods Tim's made.
If I had the money this would be mine, very much regret letting this go.
Also Tim is a trustworthy guy to deal with....don't let his taste in socks put you off :-)
John