Why become a member? ×

**NOW SOLD _ PLEASE REMOVE** Squier Vintage Modified Jazz 5 With East Pre And More
£450

willgatesbass

Hi guys - this is a near mint condition VM 5 in olympic white/ maple.

It has the following upgrades/ additions:[list]
[*]John East - J-tone Pre-amp (cost £149)
[*]Fender American Jazz pickups and wiring
[*]Hipshot tuners
[*]Tortoise pick guard
[*]Fender jazz headstock logo (60's style possibly?)
[/list]
Also included:[list]
[*]Previously upgraded Fender American control panel, should you want to return to a passive setup (chrome panel, black knobs)
[*]New Stagg gig bag
[/list]
It is currently strung with Dunlop Super Brights (45-125 I believe). Setup is great

In summary, whoever buys this will be getting an excellent condition Squier VM Jazz 5, with upgrades from John East, Hipshot and US Fender, with an optional extra passive control panel and a nice little gig bag. If you were thinking of buying a new one of these, this is in just as good condition but comes with some great extras.

Below is a YouTube link of me attempting to play some Jaco on it. Please be gentle, I've only been playing for a year and I've got an awful long way to go. It'll give you a chance to see the guitar in action though (before I added the pre).

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq1o_JnHLXI"]https://www.youtube....h?v=Xq1o_JnHLXI[/url]

I'm based in Gloucester and you're very welcome to come over and check it out. I also gig all over the country so if you're worried that I'm too far away, I might be playing in a town near you soon.

**PRICE DROP £350**

May accept trades for a nice amp - with cash adjustment either way if needed.

[attachment=239655:IMG_1341.jpg][attachment=239656:IMG_1342.jpg][attachment=239657:IMG_1354.jpg][attachment=239658:IMG_1362.jpg]

Edited by willgatesbass

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

[quote name='markstuk' timestamp='1488717965' post='3251218']
sadly this appears to be following the rule that what you do to upgrade your bass will not be reflected in the asking price..

I'd be tempted to pull the john east preamp out and sell it separately..
[/quote]

Good point, well made. However, the bass and it's upgrades are around £600 worth (conservatively). I didn't source and fit the pickups, wiring, control panel and tuners so I can only approximate their value.[list]
[*]Price for bass new - £320ish
[*]Pre amp - £149
[*]Hipshot tuners set - £50-100?
[*]Fender pickups, wiring and control panel - £50-100?
[*]Pick guard - £10-15?
[*]Hardcase - £25-50?
[/list]
I'm asking considerably less than the sum of it's parts and I'm sure I'd accept a sensible offer :-)

I appreciate your input and opinion though. Your statement is true of many things I guess. Modified cars for example. People can spend tens of thousands of pounds on modifications which can ultimately de-value a car.

Edited by willgatesbass

[quote name='markstuk' timestamp='1488744017' post='3251493']
And at 325 the bass will move quickly I suspect...
[/quote]

Agreed, although seller might help help the situation if he replied to to PMs regarding sales as well as reading them :)

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1488876725' post='3252487']
Agreed, although seller might help help the situation if he replied to to PMs regarding sales as well as reading them :)
[/quote]

My apologies, Beedster. Have you ever received an email/ message on the go and had a quick look at it but not had time to reply properly? Sorry I didn't get back to you. Glad you managed to find yourself one.

Thanks everyone for all your advice. I might hang on to this after all. My lack of soldering skills forbid me from removing the pre and refitting the original panel myself. I just thought this might be worth the money to the right person as it is. It was to me.

Thanks Thunderbird - you're quite right. The luthier I used was unhappy with the screw terminal on the bridge earth so decided to solder it unfortunately. Even if I were to remove it myself, I still wouldn't have the first idea how to refit the original panel. I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable selling a bass that I had done the soldering on! I don't even have a soldering iron. Time to get one and learn perhaps.

Edited by willgatesbass

• 6 months later...

Bump - Forgot this ad was still live! £350 anyone? A lovely example of a Squier VM Jazz V with an East Pre, Hipshot tuners and Fender US pickups and wiring. Original passive control panel included. Hardcase is now gone - New Stagg gig bag provided. May accept a trade for a nice amp, with cash adjustment either way if needed.

Edited by willgatesbass