Why become a member? ×

SOLD: ACG Krell 33" scale fretted 5 string - MINT & UNGIGGED - £1350
£1750

franzbassist

I took delivery of this wonderful ACG Krell in August last year, having ordered it in December 2015.

It is a wonderful thing, really wonderful, but I've got the opportunity to buy a bass I have lusted after for some time, so up it goes for sale.

The bass has never been gigged, never even rehearsed in fact, so is in absolutely mint condition, and comes with a hard case.

It plays beautifully and balances very well. At 33" scale it's a breeze to play, with no dead spots and a nice focused low B. It sounds HUGE, and with both the ACG/East pre and the passive tone control there is an enormous amount of tonal variation on hand.

Spec is as follows:

• Scale: 33" - the low B is nice and tight, no flabbiness
  • Body core: Alder
  • Top/veneer: Myrtle with Black 1mm veneer
  • Neck woods: 5 piece Maple/Mahogany, bolt on
  • Fingerboard: Macassar Ebony
  • Radius: flat
  • Head plate to match body top, with black veneer
  • Back plate to match body, with black veneer
  • Bridge: ACG/Hipshot 18mm spacing black
  • Pre-amp ACG DFM 4K AP
    • Stack 1: Volume/Blend
    • Stack 2: Neck pickup low-pass filter, plus push/pull switch to activate the low mid boost at either 150 or 250Hz (adjustable up to + 12dB). Lower ring is filter frequency, upper ring is overshoot peak level.
    • Stack 3: Bridge pickup low-pass filter, plus push/pull switch to activate either upper mid boost at 500Hz or an 8Khz "attack" boost (adjustable up to + 12dB). Lower ring is filter frequency, upper ring is overshoot peak level.
    • Knob 4: Passive tone control, with a push/pull active/passive switch. The tone control works in both active and passive modes.
    • Pickups: FB series in 32 x 110 casings
    • Gotoh GB350 Resolite tuners
    • Dunlop dual design Straplocks (replacing the original flush-mount versions shown in the pictures below)
    • Standard finish of oil rubbed satin lacquer

9lb 4 oz (4.19kg)

28820618141_573ae8c037_o.jpg&key=9a443cd482c69a78f64a5f88c357c0a6dca78d3614ed1097f8f927861c9ae593

The bass cost me £2k. It's yours for £1350, couriered anywhere in the UK on a 24 hour service. Courier overseas at extra cost.

I'd trade for a Berg 1x12 or a Darkglass 900 amp, with cash balance my way.

Thanks for looking.

Edited by franzbassist

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1475862081' post='3149376']
I am not in to the look of these basses myself but many are :) and I have heard a few of these ACG basses played and they sound bloody fantastic and this one is a bloody good price for what is pretty much a new bass GLWTS Fella :)
[/quote]

Thanks for that. Yes, this is a particularly fine ACG: wonderful tone and sustain, no dead spots, harmonics ring out, and the EQ system sounds immense.

• 2 months later...