Why become a member? ×

NPD Grizzly Bass

danbowskill

Finally got my mitts on a creation audio grizzly bass
[url="https://youtu.be/c--VeNuENzI"]https://youtu.be/c--VeNuENzI[/url]
Get to try it out later ( pics up when home) ..... regardless of any sounds this has to be the coolest looking pedal i have seen :-)
Pics don't do it Justice,its built like a tank.I T seems quite a firm favourite over on talkbass.......hope it meets the hype?

Edited by danbowskill

Interested to hear what you think Dan. This one has been on the radar for a while! Always gets mentioned in the same breath as the blueberry... Which is the most awesome driveyness ever for bass if you ask me...

[attachment=225833:received_10154171088935379.jpeg][attachment=225834:received_10154171089300379.jpeg]

I get the Blueberry connection (from my memory of playing 1) not a million miles away.After a quick playabout this thing can easily do that nice old vintage tube sound.for the purpose that i got it for was to use as a drive pedal , i play through a svt cl head with a tech21 VT DI bass always on (mainly for front of house sound) the type of music i play is downtuned pick, leaning towards punk........Iv'e always used a tubescreamer esq type pedal as my boost/drive so i think i really need to get used to this 1..... as its not that.
im a bit undecided at the mo? as a preamp/always on pedal the Grizzly rocks! heaps of low end and quite transparent.I think this would work amazing with a SS amp (very mowtown sounding) if i decide its not the drive for me then i think it would be a hard call between this and the VT as a always on pre?

I'll make up my mind after a band practice

Edited by danbowskill

I'm still a little interested in the blower when you mentioned it in another thread Dan ,tough to know from all the heavy demos.......could always buy used and flog it if it's not to like :-)
I'm also quite eager to try a pork loin with the cap change mod to make it brighter, I've not read anything bad on the pork loin.

After pleanty of play time with it I can understand why it gets a lot of love. But for my set up and needs playing a tube sound into a tube emulator into a tube amp is to much......think I need to stick with a nastier screamer type drive.
This would be awsome used as preamp that doesn't over colour( it adds something wonderful to a clean tone). Works very well with other peds......just a tad to much in the low to medium drive relms for me.
Probably whack it in the sales section?