Why become a member? ×

Free to a good home: Steinberger XT2 Spirit bass, case & new strings

tredders

So, I bought a Steinberger XT2 Spirit a couple of months ago. Cost me £175, and I added a new set of Steinberger strings for £30. I liked the bass so much, I've just bought the big brother model (Synapse). Both are great basses, and the Steinberger Spirit is a proper bargain when you take into account the price. I recently gigged it at a quiet sit down gig, and it didn't let me down.

So, here's the deal - I've met some really cool people on here, and have been given tons of great advice, had laughs, and bought and sold a lot of nice stuff on here. Being on other forums (fora?) has made me realise what a good place this is to hang out...

I was listing the bass for sale (for £150), and the link is here:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/290126-steinberger-spirit-xt2-4-string-black-with-case-and-new-strings/"]http://basschat.co.u...nd-new-strings/[/url]

However, I'd like to donate it / give it away / call it whatever you like. I'd really like it to go to a good home, rather than someone who already has 5 basses and just fancies trying this. I'd also like to donate it to someone who's not just going to sell it on eBay for £200 after a month too! Sounds corny, but it would be nice if this went to someone who really appreciated it.

So, if anyone works with a charity (I donated a little amp a while ago to someone who was setting up a musical therapy room, but can't find the messages that relate to that), or knows of someone who wants to get into bass but maybe doesn't have the cash to buy a bass, then please post on here. I'll leave the thread active until Sunday night, and then we'll see if there's any interest. I reserve the right to choose the recipient (assuming someone wants it!), and hopefully someone will get some use out of it. Happy for people to PM if they'd rather not post circumstances etc on here.

Collection would be nice: around Warwickshire is easy for me. However, I'll pick up postage costs if necessary.

Edited by tredders

I'm currently helping with the setting up of a music/recording room at the autism support centre that I attend. I've given them an acoustic guitar & some bits & pieces but your bass would be very useful for them if nobody else wants it.
Unfortunately I'm in Cardiff so I wouldn't be able to pick it up from you, but if nobody near to you wants it & you're willing to post it that would be brilliant.

[quote name='tredders' timestamp='1471539550' post='3113840']
So, I bought a Steinberger XT2 Spirit a couple of months ago. Cost me £175, and I added a new set of Steinberger strings for £30. I liked the bass so much, I've just bought the big brother model (Synapse). Both are great basses, and the Steinberger Spirit is a proper bargain when you take into account the price. I recently gigged it at a quiet sit down gig, and it didn't let me down.

So, here's the deal - I've met some really cool people on here, and have been given tons of great advice, had laughs, and bought and sold a lot of nice stuff on here. Being on other forums (fora?) has made me realise what a good place this is to hang out...

I was listing the bass for sale (for £150), and the link is here:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/290126-steinberger-spirit-xt2-4-string-black-with-case-and-new-strings/"]http://basschat.co.u...nd-new-strings/[/url]

However, I'd like to donate it / give it away / call it whatever you like. I'd really like it to go to a good home, rather than someone who already has 5 basses and just fancies trying this. I'd also like to donate it to someone who's not just going to sell it on eBay for £200 after a month too! Sounds corny, but it would be nice if this went to someone who really appreciated it.

So, if anyone works with a charity (I donated a little amp a while ago to someone who was setting up a musical therapy room, but can't find the messages that relate to that), or knows of someone who wants to get into bass but maybe doesn't have the cash to buy a bass, then please post on here. I'll leave the thread active until Sunday night, and then we'll see if there's any interest. I reserve the right to choose the recipient (assuming someone wants it!), and hopefully someone will get some use out of it. Happy for people to PM if they'd rather not post circumstances etc on here.

Collection would be nice: around Warwickshire is easy for me. However, I'll pick up postage costs if necessary.
[/quote]

Fantastic offer, I'd happily pick up the courier fee if it finds a good home which can't collect Mark, don't see why you should get all the glory :)

I have the five string version of this. I can recommend it as a starter instrument and I'd even feel happy to try it for performance if I can ever get "off the ground" so to speak.

Good luck finding a deserving recipient. I am sure it will make someone very happy.

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1471544868' post='3113897']
Fantastic offer, I'd happily pick up the courier fee if it finds a good home which can't collect Mark, don't see why you should get all the glory :)
[/quote]

Chris - thanks, that's very good of you, and I'll definitely take you up on that. Appreciated B)

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1471543106' post='3113888']
I'm currently helping with the setting up of a music/recording room at the autism support centre that I attend. I've given them an acoustic guitar & some bits & pieces but your bass would be very useful for them if nobody else wants it.
Unfortunately I'm in Cardiff so I wouldn't be able to pick it up from you, but if nobody near to you wants it & you're willing to post it that would be brilliant.
[/quote]

I know I said I'd leave it until Sunday, but my best friends son is autistic, so I have an affinity here. RhysP, drop me a PM with your address, and I'll happily send it over to you mate.

Hope it'll be useful to you.

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1471543106' post='3113888']
[/quote]

Rhys, what else would be useful for the centre ?

[quote name='tredders' timestamp='1471550650' post='3113970']
I know I said I'd leave it until Sunday, but my best friends son is autistic, so I have an affinity here. RhysP, drop me a PM with your address, and I'll happily send it over to you mate.

Hope it'll be useful to you.
[/quote]

That's awesome, thank you so much.
I've PM'd you.

[quote name='Les' timestamp='1471554939' post='3114040']
Rhys, what else would be useful for the centre ?
[/quote]

I'm not sure really, it's a bit of an on-going project that's still in it's early stages. I'll ask the guy that co-ordinates it next time I'm in there.
(I guess anything really - I've given them an acoustic guitar that used to belong to my father, and a guitar stand & bits & pieces like that).

[quote name='Skinnyman' timestamp='1471557791' post='3114071']
I have the Steinberger Spirit 6 string to match the bass. I never use it so I'll add that to the pile if you want it RhysP?

PM me with the address and a name and I'll put it in the post
[/quote]

That's awesome, thank you so much!

I'll PM you my details in the morning.

I'd just like to thank everyone for their incredible generosity - I've now got a few instruments winging their way to the Autism Support Centre as a result of this thread.
I told Craig, the guy that co-ordinates & runs the music group about this earlier & he is as overwhelmed as I am & has asked me to pass on his profound thanks to everyone & to assure everyone that the instruments will be put to good use.

What a great bunch you lot are. :)

Quick update: The courier is booked to arrive today, so I'm waiting for DHL to appear. I'll PM to tracking number to RhysP. It's been booked with a 24 hour service, so should arrive tomorrow.

Big thanks for Chris (Beedster) for offering to pick up the courier cost - cheers mate!